No Pitching

fastball

This is excellent insight...

Isn't it true the O's won't give FA pitchers more than two or three years due to the owner? Isn't it true the O's don't have the chips is their minor leagues to get top pitchers even if one would agree to a three year deal? The owner is in charge. His meddling is the reason CD got 161 million 7 year deal. If he had been smart he would have authorized DD to use that money to improve the team instead. Seems to me DD is like a puppet and Angelos is the puppet master. The O's have had good baseball minded men as the GM.

Isn't it true the O's won't give FA pitchers more than two or three years due to the owner? Isn't it true the O's don't have the chips is their minor leagues to get top pitchers even if one would agree to a three year deal? The owner is in charge. His meddling is the reason CD got 161 million 7 year deal. If he had been smart he would have authorized DD to use that money to improve the team instead. Seems to me DD is like a puppet and Angelos is the puppet master. The O's have had good baseball minded men as the GM.

The owners meddling runs them off eventually. I would not be surprised if DD is gone before his contract is up. IMO

The pitching years is also a Buck and Duquette thing.The other thing is a pitcher doesn't want to come to the AL East and revive his career Also seems like starters have trouble going to the next level.Seems like they reach a level and either stay there or regress A few exceptions The Orioles have troubles developing pitchers.Not too great on outfielders either

You can only go as far as the pitching will go.

The O's have had little pitching this season and

Is showing when it counts.DD could never figure

out the pitching thing.

Thanks for starting a new thread on a topic that no one has been talking about. It was much needed.

I know your post really opened my eyes.

Just curious what pitchers should we have signed instead of Jimenez or Gallardo? Keep in mind we cant spend more to stay within the budgets. Dont give me Arrieta or anybody else we traded. Just guys who were free agents that we could have signed for similar or less money.

Just curious what pitchers should we have signed instead of Jimenez or Gallardo? Keep in mind we cant spend more to stay within the budgets. Dont give me Arrieta or anybody else we traded. Just guys who were free agents that we could have signed for similar or less money.

Trading for Happ is one suggestion.

Did you make it at the time? I don't recall a lot of noise calling for him or Estrada.

He was asking for examples of pitchers we could have gotten, I was just giving him an example that worked out well. I'm not saying that the OH was in on him at the time of the trade.

Archived