Rick Peterson....it is time.

LookitsPuck

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even after making a concerted effort Googling Rick Petersen, I find myself knowing more about the inner workings of the North Korean nuclear program than Petersen's pitching philosophy and how it's implemented in the Orioles organization.

Perhaps more will come to light after he's executed.

Executions are always popular.

oooooo

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qDO6HV6xTmI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rick has taken the time to explain parts of it to me on multiple occasions. I like him. I think we have fed his system poorly.

I have no problem believing that we have fed his system poorly. I have to say I was amazed at how little I could find in print about his methods, which I think deserve to be taken into account before demanding his ouster. Admittedly it was only about 15 minutes of searching.

How long has it been since the Orioles have be able to consistently draft and develop starting pitching successfully, three decades? In principle I'm not against a shake-up at this point including replacing Peterson if necessary. I'd just like to know a little more about why his philosophy isn't working. First do no harm and all that....

I'm still trying to figure out what success he has had here. What am I missing? Seriously.

For one, he turned around Chris Tillman's career. Remember how screwed up he was under Mark Connor and Rick Adair? Pererson's biomechanical really helped clean up his delivery and improve his command. The scary thing is that Tillman was out of options after the 2012 season. There's a good chance he would have been traded away like Arrieta was if he had another poor season in 2012.

I have no problem believing that we have fed his system poorly. I have to say I was amazed at how little I could find in print about his methods, which I think deserve to be taken into account before demanding his ouster. Admittedly it was only about 15 minutes of searching.

How long has it been since the Orioles have be able to consistently draft and develop starting pitching successfully, three decades? In principle I'm not against a shake-up at this point including replacing Peterson if necessary. I'd just like to know a little more about why his philosophy isn't working. First do no harm and all that....

It is pretty hard to develop pitching when the pitchers have to pitch in Camden Yards. Memorial stadium was a pitchers park.

It is pretty hard to develop pitching when the pitchers have to pitch in Camden Yards. Memorial stadium was a pitchers park.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OF L.J. Hoes gets two quick outs for Norfolk to end the eighth. Two-plus outings into his pitching career, his ERA remains 0.00. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— David Hall (@DavidHallVP) <a href="

">August 29, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived