Will Dan sell the farm by the end of August?

Diehard_O's_Fan

We don't know what, if anything, these prospects are going to do. Most of the guys doing the big damage now were in their system all ready I believe. I will Cashman a lot of credit. He has a definite plan for success as opposed to what we're doing.

Cashman doesn't work for Peter A.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish DD took Toronto's offer in 2015 and accepted by PA. We could have gotten Dave Dombroski. Look what he did for Detroit and Boston!

Why do you think Dave Dombrowski would work for Peter Angelos? Remember DD was a reclamation project after five or six other prospective GM's said no, and it's been a very good fit even in light of several trades with less than ideal outcomes.

I wish he would sell the team for prospects like the Yankees did.

The Yankees paid about $38 billion for the people they traded away. They basically bought those prospects. And it has cost them years of sucking to do so. And while those prospects are annoyingly talented, there are still no guarantees.

Still, it's amazingly frustrating to me to hear things like: The Yankees now have the best farm system in baseball.

Really? So they spent $38 (or was it $39) billion, they trade away every top prospect for years, and they now have the #1 farm system in baseball.

What the HELL is going on here, and why do the Orioles always have one of the worst (supposedly) farm systems in baseball? I suspect that's almost as much or more a statement on our development program, versus our players.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Westburg exceeded rookie eligibility limits last year exceeding 130 at bats and more than 45 days on the active roster. On the plus side he might qualify as a super sophomore or at the very least avoid the sophomore slump. 
    • Westburg shouldn’t be, where are you seeing that?
    • So since Westburg is apparently still ROY eligible, Cowser and Westburg may project to be the best rookie combination since Fred Lynn and Jim Rice in 1975?  
    • There were several and I was one them. I'm  on record as saying I was one of his biggest Apologists . You should feel good about yourself as you were able to see that Means would be imploding before our very eyes( which was an opinion or a guess, which is what I did) as far as feeling bad for me? Dont I'm plenty good enough to know I wont be able to guess right every time 
    • Fantastic pickup by Elias and big kudos to O’Hearn for taking advantage of the resources to improve. He’s a great story. 
    • Given his injury history and what’s happening right now, Means may make more money as an Oriole next year than as a free agent. He may have to settle for league minimum as a FA but would do better than that in arbitration. Heck, unless he’s effective at least a little this year then the orioles might release him after the season to avoid paying more than league minimum. I hope Means recovers, very much so, but this scenario is possible imo.    ps. I guess I ignored the part where you said if Means thinks he is healthy. 
    • What I'd like to see in the next game Holliday plays, is for him to keep his eyes following through on the ball when he swings. In the last game I saw, he was yanking his head off the zone when he swung and couldn't see the bat to the ball. He was missing wildly and it wasn't even competitive. So, keep your eye on the ball! Follow all the way through! If your swing is so violent that it's yanking your head off the sight of the ball, then adjust your mechanics because you can't hit what you can't see!
  • Popular Contributors