September Scoreboard Watching Mega Thread

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Royals got a leadoff double in the 9th and moved him to third with one out and then could not get him in to lose 6-5 after blowing lead in the 8th. That maybe the dagger foir them but it sure would have helped us.

KRod gets into trouble all the time and usually gets out of it. I am not old enough to have seen Don Stanhouse but that is who is he is now. Dyson just missed a foul ball homer. Had contact play been on they would have scored later in inning. KC is done. Really wanted Detroit to lose.

Kimbrel walked our old friend Danny Valencia to lead off the ninth. The other Khris Davis lined one into the LF corner that Holt misplayed, and Danny slid in with the winning run. Thanks, guys.

I was listening outside on radio. That game was about only good news on the day.

I think Toronto and Boston get in but there is something about both, (chemistry, intangibles), something where I keep thinking maybe one will struggle. Perhaps that is just me being hopeful as well.

KRod gets into trouble all the time and usually gets out of it. I am not old enough to have seen Don Stanhouse but that is who is he is now. Dyson just missed a foul ball homer. Had contact play been on they would have scored later in inning. KC is done. Really wanted Detroit to lose.

At least in my memory, Stan the Man Unusual (as Mike Flanagan dubbed him) or Fullpack (as Earl referred to him) created many of the situations that drove Earl nuts. Until two men, sometimes more, were on, Stanhouse would nibble around the edges of the zone, or at times nowhere near the zone. Sometimes it worked and overeager batters would swing. Other times they wouldn't swing, and he would walk a couple of guys, then get down to business.

That's how I remember Stanhouse, anyway. Please don't bother me with any inconsistent facts.

Archived