Skip Miley, Start Ubaldo @DET

sportsfan8703

Sometimes baseball makes no sense at all.

Ubaldo's miraculous Renaissance is right near the top of the list of things absolutely no one ever saw coming.

Most of us here probably still aren't sold.

Either way, I think it's pretty safe to say we'd all rather have him pitch against Detroit than Miley.

Miley is just flat out not very good.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They are' date=' the same way they also cheer on Kim after booing him as well.[/quote']Did Kim actually get booed on the field? Or were fans grumbling about him in the forums, on Facebook? Or the media? I've been at more than one game where fans were booing Ubaldo while he was pitching and also booing him off the mound.

Did Kim actually get booed on the field? Or were fans grumbling about him in the forums, on Facebook? Or the media? I've been at more than one game where fans were booing Ubaldo while he was pitching and also booing him off the mound.

He got booed very early in the season. AJ made some comments defending him. Then he went 2-for-3 in his first game and that put an end to it.

Did Kim actually get booed on the field? Or were fans grumbling about him in the forums, on Facebook? Or the media? I've been at more than one game where fans were booing Ubaldo while he was pitching and also booing him off the mound.

Kim was booed on Opening Day and then for a few of his ABs. Which was terribly asinine.

Kim was booed on Opening Day and then for a few of his ABs. Which was terribly asinine.
Agree with you about the asininity (is this a word?) of booing KIm. Kim is one of our best hitters. Great signing by 'DD. Even when an O's player struggles, the fans shouldn't boo him. When an Oriole is struggling, that's when he needs the fans' support the most.

Not going to cry over spilled milk - but this "is there any way we can avoid using our big deadline acquisition in any meaningful game whatsoever" thread deeply saddens me. Any kind of competent acquisition at the deadline and we're in so much better shape. Instead it's "how can we juggle things so the guy with the 6.19 ERA and 1.69 WHIP gets the most important assignments because we can't use this guy we just traded for". It's so disheartening when the opportunity was right there for us this season. It's still right there of course - but would be easier to run up and grab if we stopped shooting ourselves in the feet.

Not going to cry over spilled milk - but this "is there any way we can avoid using our big deadline acquisition in any meaningful game whatsoever" thread deeply saddens me. Any kind of competent acquisition at the deadline and we're in so much better shape. Instead it's "how can we juggle things so the guy with the 6.19 ERA and 1.69 WHIP gets the most important assignments because we can't use this guy we just traded for". It's so disheartening when the opportunity was right there for us this season. It's still right there of course - but would be easier to run up and grab if we stopped shooting ourselves in the feet.

This is pretty much the definition of crying over spilled milk. Would you have beaten the Sox offer for Pomeranz?

I would have Ubaldo face Detroit on the 10th and hold off Miley.

9/6 @TB Gallardo

9/7 @TB Bundy

9/8 OFF

9/9 @DET Gausman

9/10@DET Ubaldo

9/11@DET Tillman

and go from there. Miley has not earned a start. Plus give him the Chen treatment and skip him against that RH DET lineup.

The lineup they are trotting out vs Sale tonight,

1. Cameron Maybin, CF ®

2. Jose Iglesias, SS ®

3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B ®

4. Victor Martinez, DH (S)

5. J.D. Martinez, RF ®

6. Justin Upton, LF ®

7. JaCoby Jones, 3B ®

8. James McCann, C ®

9. Andrew Romine, 2B (S)

Miley should be nowhere near that.

We need Tillman back so Miley can sit in the BP. And he's not good enough for the pen either.

Sometimes baseball makes no sense at all.

Ubaldo's miraculous Renaissance is right near the top of the list of things absolutely no one ever saw coming.

Most of us here probably still aren't sold.

Either way, I think it's pretty safe to say we'd all rather have him pitch against Detroit than Miley.

Miley is just flat out not very good.

That's the truth.

Did anyone else notice that Worley was in the main dugout with the rest of the starters? Is he hurt? Whatever it is, we haven't seen him as much as we've used to. Seems like Hunter is being used more than him.

It is unusual. Thought it was particularly odd that they put Drake in to go as long as he did. Seemed like Vance was a perfect candidate.

That said...his last 7 appearances: 5.17 ERA, .333/.403/.517 - .920 OPS. He's walked 7 in 15 2/3 IP. He's allowed 3 HR.

In 5 of his last 8 appearances he's been scored upon. In his last outing on Sunday against the Yanks he walked 3 allowed and 2 hits in 2 IP.

I'm not sure if something is wrong...but it wouldn't surprise me based on his performance.

Now what do we do? Roch hints moving Miley to the bullpen.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/09/more-on-miley-and-tonights-game.html

That certainly puts a wrench in my plan. What would that do? Go to a strict 5-man? Downside is that Bundy seems to be doing better when given an extra day. We probably want to be careful with Tillman as well.

We could go six man with Wilson or Worley taking Miley's spot. But that would mean a lot of Gallardo and the 6th guy, although we would get to skip Gallardo later in the month with the off day on 9/26. Do you like Bundy on normal rest or potentially two starts of Tyler Wilson?

I am trying to get these to fit side by side but having trouble.

Five man option:

9/12 BOS Miley

9/13 BOS Bundy (extra rest)

9/14 BOS Gausman normal rest)

9/15 TB Ubaldo (normal rest)

9/16 TB Tillman (normal rest)

9/17 TB Gallardo

9/18 TB Bundy

9/19 BOS Gausman

9/20 BOS Ubaldo

9/21 BOS Tillman

9/22 BOS Gallardo