More O's Nuggets from Boswell

schittenden

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I misreading this?

Chris Davis definitely did not slump post-ASB in 2015, so the one premise of the question is flawed. Not to mention the team pre-ASB ops was 732 and the post-ASB ops was 723. Not exactly a huge swing. It's interesting to me how someone can have strong opinions on something that isn't supported by evidence.

I thought he was talking specifically about the period immediately following the all-star break, not the whole second half.

The Sun had some good writers. Buster Olney, Tim Kurkijan,Joe Strauus, the guy who went to the Rangers, Phil Jackman,Ken Nigro.

How long did Buster actually stay in Baltimore and was the beat reporter here. My memory is telling me, not very long.

Baltimore has had some decent reporters, but some of us old timers, felt that Boswell and his peers at the Post, was usually better reporting on the Orioles, than what the Sun was producing.

How long did Buster actually stay in Baltimore and was the beat reporter here. My memory is telling me, not very long.

Baltimore has had some decent reporters, but some of us old timers, felt that Boswell and his peers at the Post, was usually better reporting on the Orioles, than what the Sun was producing.

Olney only a year. The Sun has been going downhill for years.

I never read the Sun regularly, so I couldn't say. However, when Richard Justice was the Post's Orioles beat reporter and Boswell was the lead baseball columnist and covered the O's extensively, that combo would be very hard to beat. I have very little doubt that Boswell will receive the J. G. Taylor Spink Award in Cooperstown one of these years.

I never read the Sun regularly, so I couldn't say. However, when Richard Justice was the Post's Orioles beat reporter and Boswell was the lead baseball columnist and covered the O's extensively, that combo would be very hard to beat. I have very little doubt that Boswell will receive the J. G. Taylor Spink Award in Cooperstown one of these years.

That was the guy who worked for the Sun also. Richard Justice. Barry Svrugla is also a good baseball writer.

Right so like mid July to August? Davis still didn't slump, but the team did slip a bit, especially in that end of July streak.

Of course, in 2015 the O's were in a slump before they ever got to the ASB, scoring 32 runs in the first 11 games in July leading into the break. So you're right, there is no factual predicate for the question.

Regarding the best records in MLB the last five years that he cited, and that it was the Nats and Cards, did the O's have the best record in the AL in that period, ie since '12? I could have sworn I've heard that mentioned over and over the last little while.

And how do the O's stack up against them in that same period? I'm mobile and am not able to check too deeply right now. I think he said top five in wins, but curious. Is he talking winning percentage or total wins?

Regarding the best records in MLB the last five years that he cited, and that it was the Nats and Cards, did the O's have the best record in the AL in that period, ie since '12? I could have sworn I've heard that mentioned over and over the last little while.

And how do the O's stack up against them in that same period? I'm mobile and am not able to check too deeply right now. I think he said top five in wins, but curious. Is he talking winning percentage or total wins?

The Nats have won more games than the Orioles in each of 2012, 2013, 2015 and so far in 2016, and had the same number of wins in 2014. They have won 13 more games than the Orioles in total 2012-16 to date. Of course, winning games in the AL East is much harder than winning them in the NL East. And yes, the O's have won the most games in the AL in that period.

The Nats have won more games than the Orioles in each of 2012, 2013, 2015 and so far in 2016, and had the same number of wins in 2014. They have won 13 more games than the Orioles in total 2012-16 to date. Of course, winning games in the AL East is much harder than winning them in the NL East. And yes, the O's have won the most games in the AL in that period.

For all my taunting of the Nationals here, they have had one powerhouse of a regular season team for quite some time.

Archived