Jimenez cried.....

Gurgi

tons of pressure from social media......I ve been ripping him on another site, I wont Now!

Maturation I guess, but it takes an inside look at someone to realize that all people, even million dollar ball players can be fragile, decent people?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can write to Ubaldo through his public Facebook page. I show my appreciation for him there.

https://www.facebook.com/UbaldoJimenez22/

I was at one of the games where people were booing him at home. I will never understand booing performance (and not effort). I hope he has turned it around, as much for his sake as for ours.
I was at more than one game where O's "fans" were booing him. It was horrible, but he never has given up. He went to the bullpen without complaint, worked on his mechanics. Now fans can see the result of his efforts. He's not going to be perfect, he'll have a bad game or two. But fans can be assured that he puts his best efforts into helping the team win.

The Grand Poobah of the Ubaldo Jimenez Fan Club :thumbsup1::clap:

Jimenez cried after the game during his interview on MASN. It was amazing to watch.....makes you really root for the guy.

He seems to really take his struggles hard. I know he has to think the Orioles would be walking away with first place if he just could be pitching good.

Hope he wins one in the Playoffs....and cries all he wants.:thumbsup1:

Sounds like a great man.

I thought it was touching last week when the O's crowd gave him an ovation after 6.2 IP vs the Yanks.

I would hope that most O's fans want him to succeed. I certainly do. We all know that he is capable of dominance when he's hitting his spots.

Btw, per Fangraphs, UJ is worth 1.1 WAR this year, .7 WAR more than he was worth in 2014 even though his 2016 ERA is 1.5 runs higher. http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=3374&position=P

Fangraphs is more generous than they should be w/ WAR. BBRef has him at -0.6. With a +1.5 WAR over his 3 year tenure as an O. At market rate at the time of the contract (roughly $7m a win), he's at $10.5m of value out of his $36.5m contract (with $13.5m due next season).

Anyways...

Ubaldo is a fantastic character guy and just an overall good dood. I hope he continues to pitch well and somehow/someway turns it around next year as well.

Yeah I wanted to cut the guy BUT in hind-site it's good I don't make those decisions

I've never heard one bad peep or complaint out of Ubaldo, ALOT of guys would have pouted over the demotions he's gone thru. He's handled like a MAN and has helped when needed.

You just can't help but respect the guy, he's a TEAM 1st guy.

I remember his similar reaction after his winning effort in the game that clinched the AL East back in 2014.

The guy's total heart and effort is one of the main reasons I keep on rooting for the guy every single time he takes the mound, and why I'm so happy when he shuts up his harshest critics when he succeeds.

I think Ubaldo is a great guy. Felt that way before this happened, but even more so now.

That said...please don't negative rep me because I'm just joking...but the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the title of the thread was I have cried many times after Ubaldo pitched.

:);)

In case anyone wants to check it out:

Not sure if that counts as crying. Cheeks had some moisture but he wasn't really choked up. Could have just been sweat from pitching a CG in a day game. Really great story either way. The guy was a couple of appearances away from being released and now he has three straight quality starts, including a CG win.

Archived