Tillman back on Sunday

Nite

I don't think a sim game really serves the same function as a rehab start. It's much less competitive.

Of course, but, better than nothing.

I'm just hoping they do their due diligence. Buck likes to give veterans the benefit of the doubt. Hope they're right this time.

Maybe its respect he gives his veterans?

I do think Buck gets more out of his rosters, than most managers could.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm afraid the Tigers will whup Tilly the way we roughed up Zimmerman returning from his injury. Buck will have Worley ready, one would think.

Totally different scenario. Zimmermann had pitched once in the last ten weeks, more than a month ago, and had been clobbered that day. Tillman missed three starts. I'm not saying he'll necessarily be sharp, but it wasn't a really long layoff and he's thrown several bullpens. It's not comparable to Zimmermann.

Totally different scenario. Zimmermann had pitched once in the last ten weeks, more than a month ago, and had been clobbered that day. Tillman missed three starts. I'm not saying he'll necessarily be sharp, but it wasn't a really long layoff and he's thrown several bullpens. It's not comparable to Zimmermann.

"Totally different?" "Not comparable?"

I, of course, hope Chris does great today. I misphrased my post, it being 3 in the morning at the time; I intended to say something more along the lines of: "I hope the Tigers don't whip Tilly the way we roughed up Zimmerman returning from his injury."

But that, of course, has no bearing on your pronouncement that Zimmerman getting hammered on August 6 and Tillman on August 20 makes them totally different scenarios that one should not waste time comparing.

"Totally different?" "Not comparable?"

I, of course, hope Chris does great today. I misphrased my post, it being 3 in the morning at the time; I intended to say something more along the lines of: "I hope the Tigers don't whip Tilly the way we roughed up Zimmerman returning from his injury."

But that, of course, has no bearing on your pronouncement that Zimmerman getting hammered on August 6 and Tillman on August 20 makes them totally different scenarios that one should not waste time comparing.

Well, here's the bigger difference. Zimmermann was pretty bad through June as well after getting off to a hot start. He was on the DL all of July, came back to make one (bad) start in August and then went back on the

DL, cut his rehab short one game after allowing seven earned in his last rehab start and was brought back by Ausmus to make such an important start in the condition he was in. I still can't believe Ausmus did that to his

team. Daniel Norris should have started that game, but he is being saved for their series against the Twins (?!). Zimmermann should have made that start, not Norris. Maybe there's other factors there, but it sure seems

like a pretty bad decision on the part of Ausmus even before the game started.

I don't consider Tillman's situation to be anything close to that because he's been good all season and has only missed three weeks or so as opposed to Zimmermann who missed nine weeks and was in no condition to

return. Tillman could be rusty and he might get hit hard, but if he gets hit as hard as Zimmermann did, I would think he was still injured.

Well, here's the bigger difference. Zimmermann was pretty bad through June as well after getting off to a hot start. He was on the DL all of July, came back to make one (bad) start in August and then went back on the

DL, cut his rehab short one game after allowing seven earned in his last rehab start and was brought back by Ausmus to make such an important start in the condition he was in. I still can't believe Ausmus did that to his

team. Daniel Norris should have started that game, but he is being saved for their series against the Twins (?!). Zimmermann should have made that start, not Norris. Maybe there's other factors there, but it sure seems

like a pretty bad decision on the part of Ausmus even before the game started.

I don't consider Tillman's situation to be anything close to that because he's been good all season and has only missed three weeks or so as opposed to Zimmermann who missed nine weeks and was in no condition to

return. Tillman could be rusty and he might get hit hard, but if he gets hit as hard as Zimmermann did, I would think he was still injured.

Stop comparing them! They're absolutely different!

Archived