Boras, Orioles set to discuss Wieters extension

nevadaO

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ugh. This is not the way to go. Let him walk. Sign a cheap one year stop gap and then let your no. 1 prospect take over who will be cost controlled for the next six years.

Machado and Tillman need to be the priorities. Not Wieters.

If it is a 1 year deal then Wieters is the cheap one year stop gap, and it should be less than the QO since there would be no compensation.

Ugh. This is not the way to go. Let him walk. Sign a cheap one year stop gap and then let your no. 1 prospect take over who will be cost controlled for the next six years.

Machado and Tillman need to be the priorities. Not Wieters.

Wieters will be much cheaper and shorter contract than those guys. You need two catchers. I would ratther Wieters be one of them than Joseph.

As I stated in the gameday thread, I only want him back for a similar type of deal that Dexter Fowler got from the Cubs this past off-season. That is a 1-year deal with a mutual option. If Wieters wants anything more than that, let him walk.

I am glad the board is not in charge of the team as every player would either be traded away for prospects or let go for nothing.

Shoot. Me. Now.

Actually a $6-7 million AAV neighborhood deal for no more than 3 years would be digestible. If I held my nose. And PA gave another healthy bump to the budget.

If true, I really want to know if it's PA behind it or Buck, a case could be made for either. I doubt it's Duquette.

The FA market for catchers is really thin. Unless you're happy with Cisco, Joseph, and a couple heapings of prayer, Wieters even as high as 2/25 is probably going to be our most attractive option.

Even at 1.5 wins/season, the contract is at least neutral.

The biggest concern with Wieters is how much his defense has deteriorated. His pop time is noticeably slower than it was when he was younger. That was arguably his biggest asset.

Archived