Boras, Orioles set to discuss Wieters extension

nevadaO

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shoot. Me. Now.

Actually a $6-7 million AAV neighborhood deal for no more than 3 years would be digestible. If I held my nose. And PA gave another healthy bump to the budget.

If true, I really want to know if it's PA behind it or Buck, a case could be made for either. I doubt it's Duquette.

As I said in the game thread I think Matt is behind it.

O's don't have Dodgers money, need to save it for Machado and Tillman. Schoop is going to get more expensive when he enters arbitration years.

Better idea, sign Schoop to early contract extension and buy out a few years of free agency. Schoop is also tight with Machado.

I said this already but signing or not signing Wieters to an extension has no effect on Machado or Tillman being signed by the club. Wieters will sign a 2 or 3 year deal for less than half of what Machado will want a year. If Macado wants a 300 million dollar contract how is Matts 30 million dollar contract going to effect that one way or another?

I said this already but signing or not signing Wieters to an extension has no effect on Machado or Tillman being signed by the club. Wieters will sign a 2 or 3 year deal for less than half of what Machado will want a year. If Macado wants a 300 million dollar contract how is Matts 30 million dollar contract going to effect that one way or another?

Our core is about to get real expensive, real quick. 10-12m here, 10-12m there over a few years will absolutely make a difference.

Deal structure for one thing. Budget limits for another. PA's been pretty good lately about increasing the budget each year, but it's not infinite. You can't just shrug off $10 million a year, because it isn't $30-35 million a year.

Our core is about to get real expensive, real quick. 10-12m here, 10-12m there over a few years will absolutely make a difference.

Miley, Gallardo and Jiminez will all be gone after next season. If you sign Wieters to a two year deal it wouldn't even be effected by Machado who doesn't become a free agent for two more years. Wieters and Machado are not related. And if you spend all your money on a few players you team is going to suck.

Deal structure for one thing. Budget limits for another. PA's been pretty good lately about increasing the budget each year, but it's not infinite. You can't just shrug off $10 million a year, because it isn't $30-35 million a year.

I say if Manny wants 30 to 35 million a year don't let the door hit him on the way out. Let him play the next 2 years and see ya.

Archived