After Mets' loss, Nelson Figueroa calls Nationals 'bunch of softball girls'

Mad Mark

LINK

When the Yankee$ aren't providing us with controversey, leave it to their cross-town rivals the Met$ to mix it up with our "friends" to the south:

Nelson Figueroa knows about bush league baseball. After all, he's toured the world trying to resurrect his major league career.

But not until Monday night did Figueroa witness a truly amateurish display, the Mets pitcher suggested. Incensed at the chants emanating from the Washington dugout during the Mets' 10-4 loss Monday night at Shea, Figueroa ripped the Nationals afterward.

"They were cheerleading in the dugout like a bunch of softball girls," Figueroa said. "I'm a professional, just like anybody else. I take huge offense to that. If that's what a last-place team needs to do to fire themselves up, so be it. I think you need to show a little bit more class, a little bit more professionalism. They won tonight, but again, in the long run, they are who they are."

I mean he's technically right, they did sound like soft ball girls, but who really cares? I'm not sure how it's unprofessional or bush league.

At least they weren't chanting "We want a homer, just a little homer...":wedge:

How dare they have fun while playing a game for a living! Last time I checked, "softball girls" don't really have classless/offensive cheers. It's all good natured and fun.

In all seriousness, it's a comment from Nelson Figueroa...who's next start very well may be for a girl's softball team. :rofl:

Archived