Sons of Sam Horn bashing Baltimore and O's fans

DrLev

Quote:

Just got back from the game. Great seats, but the Sox ruined my [flippin'] night along with the obnoxious Orioles fans around me. They [flippin'] screamed their heads off like it was a playoff game. Have some [flippin'] pride.

Is this guy serious?!! Their fans act as if they'd won the WS after every routine play!

Exactly right!

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Amen! .... and that's exactly what has started to happen this season!

The earlier MFY series, we were there for game two , the 6-0 spanking....the MFY fans were trying their best to get the chants going.....every last one of them was immediately drowned out by boos and "Yankees Suck" chants....

....'twas a thing of beauty

I'm not condoning out-and-out violent, boorish behavior, well maybe just a tad, but reading about the Red Sox fan's discomfort at The Yard warms my heart. THIS, folks, is what we've been waiting to see come back to our park for a long time. THIS is called passion. I almost feel like I'm back on 33rd Street!

I had the same experience in '05 when I saw a game at Fenway.

I did too. Had friendly conversations with surrounding fans, didn't get heckled once for wearing O's gear either. The O's won 8-1 and I cheered but didn't go overboard.

However, I think we deserve some leeway when it comes to our "over excitability". Boston fans must remember that we've been on the bottom for 10+ years. We have a right to be excited, especially when we win those games the way we did.

And we're sorry we don't break out the Red Sox banners and red carpet for you anymore. God forbid we have an exciting team and a future for once... something to cheer about.

They pride themselves on being the best baseball fans in the country, they should understand this. Instead this guy, or these guys (whoever posted this on SOSH) are sore losers.

Deal with it.

By the way...this scenerio was awesome, and yet I only got one response about it, and that was via rep. Recognize how awesome it is, people.

That was very Barney Stinson of me...but it's still awesome. :D

Wedge, I was about to respond to this at work yesterday but something came up. I'm with you all the way. A couple of World Series wins for THEM and all of a sudden it's "lets let bygones be bygones". Thats kooky talk.

I have a related rant: what's with Gary Thorne's enthusiasm for Boston (and other opposing teams)? When Ramirez made that catch in LF, I thought Thorne would leave his seat in the booth for the excitement and enthusiasm behind that call. Doesn't he call games for the O's home TV feed? If so, it'd be nice if he seemed like a home announcer and de-emphasized--somewhat--the other team's accomplishments.

I'm not quite advocating someone as partial as, say, Ronnie Santo, but a little less excitement about the other team thwarting the O's efforts would be nice. Someone at MASN really should speak with Thorne about this--it's terribly annoying and detracts from the game, regardless of the on-field happenings.

I agree, Thorne has been pro Boston/NY since he got here. As for yesterdays game he didn't sound too exited during and after Payton's grand slam; I could almost feel the disappointment in his voice. Maybe "Track, Wall, SEE YOU LATER" wasn't so bad afterall.

By the way...this scenerio was awesome, and yet I only got one response about it, and that was via rep. Recognize how awesome it is, people.

The awesome awesomenality of its awesomeness was pretty filppin' awesome...if you ask me! :wedge:

(The Wedge post must have the Wedge smiley! Now, how do I get McLovin to rename the barfing smiley Mad Mark?)

I agree, Thorne has been pro Boston/NY since he got here. As for yesterdays game he didn't sound too exited during and after Payton's grand slam; I could almost feel the disappointment in his voice. Maybe "Track, Wall, SEE YOU LATER" wasn't so bad afterall.

Thorne hasn't been an Orioles broadcaster for a full 162 games yet, and still has a slight tendency to call games as if he were broadcasting to a national audience. He's not going to be able to rid himself of all YESPNESN mind control that easily. Give the man some time!

Apparently you didn't see the same highlights I did. Thorne sounded like he swallowed the mic and got really loud and excited.

Apparently you didn't see the same highlights I did. Thorne sounded like he swallowed the mic and got really loud and excited.

I agree he seemed really into it. The best part was after the call he just shut up and let the viewers enjoy the moment. Many announcers feel the need to keep talking during a big moment instead of letting the play and the crowd do the talking.

Thorne is like that for EVERY team. You're hearing things.

But what I REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLY hate is seeing their swag being sold at our souveneir stands. That's the worst.

If you want to let them into the park, fine. I understand that.

But don't let them buy their gear while they're here...I hate walking around OPACY and seeing Sox and MFY stuff for sale while they're in town. Really grinds my gears.

Baseball, Orioles Baseball, is a business, first.
The Washington Nationals sent their mascot and other representatives to distribute Nationals coolers and pocket schedules yesterday at the Inner Harbor, just blocks from Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

Orioles owner Peter Angelos said he had no problem with it.

Years ago, a Washington team promoting itself in downtown Baltimore might have seemed like an enemy incursion. But Angelos, when apprised of the event yesterday, said: "It doesn't strike me in any particular way. They're welcome to do that. It's a free country," Angelos said. "It [baltimore and Washington] is one huge megalopolis, you know? It's about time we realize it."

Screech, the bird mascot, represented the Nationals along with the Racing Presidents - the big-headed renditions of Abraham Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, George Washington and Thomas Jefferson.

The Nationals staged the event during the lunch hour. Screech and the presidents handed out the freebies near the ESPN Zone and other spots around the harbor.

Source - The Sun, May 16

I did too. Had friendly conversations with surrounding fans, didn't get heckled once for wearing O's gear either. The O's won 8-1 and I cheered but didn't go overboard.

However, I think we deserve some leeway when it comes to our "over excitability". Boston fans must remember that we've been on the bottom for 10+ years. We have a right to be excited, especially when we win those games the way we did.

And we're sorry we don't break out the Red Sox banners and red carpet for you anymore. God forbid we have an exciting team and a future for once... something to cheer about.

They pride themselves on being the best baseball fans in the country, they should understand this. Instead this guy, or these guys (whoever posted this on SOSH) are sore losers.

Deal with it.

That is, unless you're the Downtown Sports Exchange or "DSX". The sign out front of their Pratt Street establishment on Tuesday and Wednesday read, "BOSTON FANS! BY ONE PINT OF SAMUEL ADAMS, GET THE SECOND HALF PRICE!"

They're officially on my list of "Baltimore establishments in which I'll never set foot in again as long as I live."

I understand you gotta make a buck. I do. It's ashame that attendance is so low that you've been forced to confront catering to out-of-town fans and division rivals. Was it worth the few extra beers you sold, DSX? Did it really make THAT much of a difference in your bottom line?

I'm a word-of-mouth kind of guy. When I've been treated well (particularly in the hospitality arena), I talk about it. A lot. I write letters to corporate headquarters and to managers to make sure they know how much I value what I received in return for my hard-earned dollars. I tell friends and co-workers and family members. I'll bring it up in appropriate discussions here (see DREKTUNES' "What computer to buy?" thread).

On the flip side, if I've been mistreated, disrespected, etc., the same holds true. I'll write letters to CEO's and managers to let them know how disappointing and unacceptable my experience was, and how I did not get my money's worth. Even worse, I'll tell everyone I know what happened.

It's ashame Mex (at Power Plant Live) sold their souls when the Yankees came a-knockin' and now it appears DSX is doing the same thing when Bandwagoners - er, I mean- "authentic Bostonians" invade Baltimore.

Anyone with an ounce of civic pride will not only avoid these two establishments like Chinese toothpaste, but they'll spread the word on just how "invested" these two watering holes are in this community and its sports fans.

Didn't mean to hijack the thread...maybe I'll move this over to a rant?

I was surely one of those obnoxious fans last night: here's what I decided to do.

And yes' date=' this may be over the top, but I 100% don't care:

I decided to go in my Roberts Jersey as usual, but with 1 edition, a brand new New York Giants hat (Mind you I don't even like the Giants). I bought it at 1pm that day. I loved hearing the talk about it too, "hey nice to be a bandwaggoner Giants guy, and all I had to say was,

Nah, I don't like the Giants, never have. It's just nice to see how angry a bunch of bandwaggoner cheaters get when their overpaid, pompus, arrogant faces get pink because the lowley Orioles make Beckett look like a 4 year old on her first day of pre-school.

Go back to your Boston you idiots, oh wait a second, nevermind, go back to the high class suburbs of Washington, and wait for a new train to come around for you to jump on. Maybe this one won't take 3/4 of a century.[/quote']

Rep points to you, my friend. That was awesome.

Did you just quote yourself to bring emphasis to a previous post in this thread because it got no response??? :confused::confused::eektf:

And then did you actually just call you own post awesome, twice???

Me thinks someone needs to get a little more attention at home..:P

Archived