Sons of Sam Horn bashing Baltimore and O's fans

DrLev

The sad thing is that I've been in Fenway a few times for O's Sox games and no one said anything because they aren't threatened at all by us.

That's good, but I've been at Camden heckled by Sox fans who had no idea what manners were.

I don't think it's significantly different anywhere. There are going to be good and bad in all venues.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, I'm sure if you wore O's gear to Fenway, the fans around you would join hands with you and sing Kumbaya. :grouphug:

I've done this and received no adverse attention. I was very surprised to see the number of visiting fans wearing Oriole gear.

A direct quote, edited slightly for profanity:

and:

Stay classy, Red Sox fans.

Wah, send them a case of crying towels. Boo, hoo, hoo. Maybe now they see what it is like to get a dose of their own medicine. Phoney bunch of hypocrites! Just last year one of them had the gall to yell at me that I was an "endangered species as an Oriole fan." Guess what, I think the days are coming where obnoxious Red Sox fans taking over OPACY are going to be the "endangered species."

Time to break out this old chestnut

The past six games with the Red Sox and Yankees have exposed an irritating issue for some club officials and players. A majority of the fans who have come to the Camden Yards have supported the opposing team. Angelos said he has noticed the trend, but is not as bothered by as some of his Orioles contemporaries.

"We don't mind that," he said. "The fans who come to support their team bring their children with them. They are not a bunch of rowdies. Many bring their entire family to the ballpark, and I think that's a compliment to the game of baseball. They patronize the merchants and the local business. And soon we'll get the fans back, because we'll make the necessary moves and acquisitions to compete favorably."

Source Orioles.com, Sept 2005

Orioles fans complain about how Boston faithful take over Camden Yards. By contrast, Orioles management welcomes them instead; Red Sox and Yankees fans keep attendance artificially over the 2 million mark. Read between the lines of what Angelos said. He knows attendance is tied to the team's performance on the field. When we can get back to winning, there won't be as many tickets available for those self-righteous fans from New York and New England. The sooner, the better.

Management allowing Millar to be a Red Sox cheerleader last fall, well that's another story.

Time to break out this old chestnut

Source Orioles.com, Sept 2005

Orioles fans complain about how Boston faithful take over Camden Yards. By contrast, Orioles management welcomes them instead; Red Sox and Yankees fans keep attendance artificially over the 2 million mark. Read between the lines of what Angelos said. He knows attendance is tied to the team's performance on the field. When we can get back to winning, there won't be as many tickets available for those self-righteous fans from New York and New England. The sooner, the better.

Did you hear how pissy Trembley got last night when asked about this issue? He pretty much cut the question off, and was like "it's nice to have the Yard full. Full of baseball fans." Something like that. Definitely don't bring that up with Trembley, seems like a point of contention. And it seems like he doesn't care who is there either. Maybe thats because that's an off the field beyond his control question and he doesn't like to be asked things like that in post gamer.

But what I REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLY hate is seeing their swag being sold at our souveneir stands. That's the worst.

If you want to let them into the park, fine. I understand that.

But don't let them buy their gear while they're here...I hate walking around OPACY and seeing Sox and MFY stuff for sale while they're in town. Really grinds my gears.

But what I REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLY hate is seeing their swag being sold at our souveneir stands. That's the worst.

But don't let them buy their gear while they're here...I hate walking around OPACY and seeing Sox and MFY stuff for sale while they're in town. Really grinds my gears.

My friend said the exact same thing yesterday. And I agree. It's one thing for the outside vendors to hawk the stuff. It's another for the "big store" in the warehouse to carry some various MLB gear. I understand that it's a way to make money off these "invaders." But not in the concourse souvenir stands. Not shirts and jerseys anyway. Like, keychains wouldn't bother me.

One of my favorite moments last night watching the game on tv was when a chant of lets go red sox (with the O's ahead of course) became audible and an out pouring of boos covered it up.

I love my town and I love my O's, and I can't wait to get to the yard on friday.

Their swag was for sale back in the days of Memorial Stadium. Baseball, Orioles Baseball, is a business, first.

This was the part from Lev's post that jumped out at me

Just got back from the game. Great seats, but the Sox ruined my [flippin'] night along with the obnoxious Orioles fans around me. They [flippin'] screamed their heads off like it was a playoff game. Have some [flippin'] pride.

Huh? Isn't that exactly what Sox fans do when they come to Camden Yards? Are you telling me that if Manny had hit a grand slam off of Johnson, that Sox fans wouldn't have erupted like it clinched a playoff series?

I've been saying this since the Sox won their first title in 2004. For decades Sox fans complained about how obnoxious Yankees fans were. Once they won in '04, they suddenly became a thousand times worse than the Yankees fans they used to bash.

I still like seeing the Yankees lose more than the Sox, but I definitely like seeing Sox fans get disappointed more than Yankees fans.

My friend said the exact same thing yesterday. And I agree. It's one thing for the outside vendors to hawk the stuff. It's another for the "big store" in the warehouse to carry some various MLB gear. I understand that it's a way to make money off these "invaders." But not in the concourse souvenir stands. Not shirts and jerseys anyway. Like, keychains wouldn't bother me.

Angelos markets the team to Yankees and Red Sox fans. I went to see BP before a game one time and they showed a special feature on Johnny Damon and how great he was that lasted about 20 min. (This was when Damon was a Sock). They really do market the place to the other side. When i went to see the O's spring traning game at Nationals Park there was nowhere to buy any sort of Orioles merchandise. As it should have been.

I cannot complain about that.

Being an O's fan that goes to the Arlington ballpark to catch the Os, it is nice to get a New Era Os cap for $7 :rofl:

Archived