Sons of Sam Horn bashing Baltimore and O's fans

DrLev

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't really see why you would be between Russell Street and Washington after coming out of an Oriole game. I guess Sharp-Leadenhall is one area that I probably wouldnt want to be without a crowd around - but it's so tiny and you are practically out of there as soon as you are in. Obviously, during Ravens games, Sharp-Leadenhall is safe as anywhere.

Well, I'm talking about driving: it doesn't take much to miss a turn coming out of those lots if you are unfamiliar with the area.

Bottom line is that we agree - the guy is a jerk and a typical smug New Englander.

Damn straight :)

A direct quote, edited slightly for profanity:

Stay classy, Red Sox fans.

You overlooked the context by which he made those remarks. To be honest, IF it went down as he said, I would have made the same choice comments about the city, if the reverse was true and I was in Boston. Specifically, a few posts further, he went on to say (expletives edited if possible):

You would not have wanted your kids sitting in my section, I can tell you that. Unless you wanted them learning words like "f---ing fa--ot" and "c--t." We weren't the ones being yelled at, but the people who were were minding their own business and doing nothing but "Let's go Red Sox" chants. They also happened to be sitting right behind us, so it was getting screamed directly into our ears. It was fans of all ages too, not just your typical drunken college kids. Although there were plenty of them, too. Our section alone, which was pretty small, had probably 4 or 5 small groups band together all hammered and spewing that language. It wasn't much better on the way out. "Boston is a s--thole," "F--- you fa--ots back to Boston," "Belicheat is a c--t." There were a lot of people like this too, not just a few kids pissing in the punch bowl. We passed about 4 spots where people had just pulled over and were yelling this garbage.

I'm not sure if people felt empowered because it was the first home game of the season against the Sox and that there were actually more Orioles' fans there than Sox's, but last night was not a family atmosphere. It doesn't bother me at all, because I can take it, but I wouldn't want my kids there. This was probably my 7th or so time there and last night was different so I'm willing to give it a mulligan, but last night was bad. It was approaching the level of bleacher creature; the people seemed possessed. Maybe we just got unlucky and were at the game where O's fans let out all their pent up rage from having Sox's and Yankees' fans constantly take over their home.

Source -SoSH

Another person wrote

I would agree with Ed Hillel...The atmosphere in the stadium last night was very ugly. Usually in Baltimore the fans respond to the "Let's Go Red Sox" chants with "Let's Go O's" chants and it generally stays positive towards each team.

Having been to Baltimore many times over the years, they are generally great fans. But last night it was ugly all around. People yelling and screaming at the Sox fans on the way into the stadium, during the game in our section, and every section, fights breaking out in several sections.

Some of the language in our section last night made me think I was in Philadelphia.

One of the guys behind me threw a beer bottle at a Red Sox fan who stood up and was trying to get a "Let's Go Red Sox" cheer started. He was removed pretty quickly by Security.

Stay classy O's fans,:rolleyes:

We now resume with the bash the Bostoners program already in progress.

Don't let a few bad eggs spoil it for everyone; No matter where you go you will find fans like that, it is everywhere!

I am not defending fans who are ruining it for others, but i am sure that the members of RSN were not sipping tea and eating pastries saying what a tip top tally ho time they were having.

It is a huge part of sports, and i hate it when people are vulgar and have no remorse for the language they use around children just as much as anyone So if you have a problem with it, say something to the O's fan who is acting that way.

You overlooked the context by which he made those remarks. To be honest, IF it went down as he said, I would have made the same choice comments about the city, if the reverse was true and I was in Boston. Specifically, a few posts further, he went on to say (expletives edited if possible):

Source -SoSH

Another person wrote

Stay classy O's fans,:rolleyes:

We now resume with the bash the Bostoners program already in progress.

What does a bunch of unsubstantiated reportage on a (this or other) message board prove? As far as I can tell, Red Sox fans would prefer Orioles fans to be passive. Orioles fans would prefer Red Sox fans to be absent.

In the absence of either option, you're just going to get a bunch of cross talk.*

*Of course, folks are free to believe whatever stories reify whatever positions they're predisposed to believe.

But when groups of Red Sox or Yankees fans come into our park, start harassing us, and try to do all of their cheers like they're back in their own place, that should not be allowed. We must shout them down and boo them out. No Yankee fans chanting the names around the horn, no let's go Yankees, no let's go Red Sox, let's go Manny, etc.

Amen! .... and that's exactly what has started to happen this season!

The earlier MFY series, we were there for game two , the 6-0 spanking....the MFY fans were trying their best to get the chants going.....every last one of them was immediately drowned out by boos and "Yankees Suck" chants....

....'twas a thing of beauty

Haha, I found this gem on the SOSH board, it was posted yesterday. :D

trekfan55

Rating: 0

View Member Profile

Find Member's Posts

post Yesterday, 04:23 PM

Post #2

SoSH Member

Group Icon

I am sure that Mills knows what to do and that any bullpen usage that's needs to be decided on will be managed mostly by Farrell. What I really want to see is how slow/fast his hook is with Lester tomorrow, and how does he use pinch hitters/runners if necessary.

:rofl::rofl::mwahaha::mwahaha:

What does a bunch of unsubstantiated reportage on a (this or other) message board prove? As far as I can tell, Red Sox fans would prefer Orioles fans to be passive.
As fas as I can tell, you overlooked this part.
Usually in Baltimore the fans respond to the "Let's Go Red Sox" chants with "Let's Go O's" chants and it generally stays positive towards each team.
At the risk of repeating myself, the comments that set off this chest-beating session were lacking context.

When O's fans travel around the country to see the team, do they quietly sit on their hands or do they cheer? That's rhetorical as I expect they cheer on the team.

The chanting they, and the Yankees fans do is made exponentially more annoying because there are literally thousands and thousands of their faithful in the stands. That stands as an indictment of ownership (who "doesn't mind that") and the local fan base who doesn't show up or worse yet sells their prime seats to the out-of-towners.

Whatever happened to treating people as you expect to be treated? Shouting them down without being loutish and obscene isn't much of a request. Show them that Baltimore is a class city and not just the last three letters of that word. (If they're being obscene and rude, then all bets are off)

I'm reminded of a movie scene that went something like this?

"I don't think I was rude."

-the response-

"Well, then you must be from New York."

As fas as I can tell, you overlooked this part.

At the risk of repeating myself, the comments that set off this chest-beating session were lacking context.

When O's fans travel around the country to see the team, do they quietly sit on their hands or do they cheer? That's rhetorical as I expect they cheer on the team.

The chanting they, and the Yankees fans do is made exponentially more annoying because there are literally thousands and thousands of their faithful in the stands. That stands as an indictment of ownership (who "doesn't mind that") and the local fan base who doesn't show up or worse yet sells their prime seats to the out-of-towners.

Whatever happened to treating people as you expect to be treated? Shouting them down without being loutish and obscene isn't much of a request. Show them that Baltimore is a class city and not just the last three letters of that word. (If they're being obscene and rude, then all bets are off)

I'm reminded of a movie scene that went something like this?

"I don't think I was rude."

-the response-

"Well, then you must be from New York."

I overlooked the part where posters on SOSH get to define proper etiquette in Camden Yards? I don't think I did. I find that irrelevant.

I live in New York, and I've been to Yankee Stadium a dozen times or so (I just moved back, so that's looking to increase) and always go when the O's are in town. I'm familiar with NY etiquette, if not Boston. What I've seen? There are thugs and punks and @$$es everywhere. They rarely define an entire stadium population.

While I'm sure this is destined to become a pissing match, my point was targeted only at the description of O's fans as vulgar and violent. I'm challenging that. We have another thread which says O's fans were ejected for "cheering the Orioles." Are both fanbases correct? Are the ushers that stupid - they eject the folks cheering the O's but let the folks throwing bottles stick around? Or are there biases in these descriptions that are (especially in SOSH) exacerbated by external forces (like painful losses)?

I'm only questioning you calling out the O's fans on the basis of some extreme (likely exaggerated) depiction on SOSH. Lord knows, they've never been known to get carried away.

Unless unjustly provoked, common courtesy, and not Red Sox fans, is what dictates behavior.

I live in New York

That explains a lot (see my last post ;) )
I'm only questioning you calling out the O's fans on the basis of some extreme (likely exaggerated) depiction on SOSH. Lord knows, they've never been known to get carried away.
Just the O's fans that were in that section, but go and take me out of context also.:cool:

When fans of the two offending opposing teams start their "Let's go..." chants, they ought to be booed and shouted down.

IF people are deploying various f-words and c-words ("cheater" not being one of the ones I'm worried about), that's unnecessary, even if the other team's fans have broken them out.

My Momma (who raised at least one fool) called it "not stooping to their level".

Archived