Maryland @ Penn State 10/8

Munson

Time: 12:00

TV: BTN

Obviously, this is a huge game for several reasons. If the Terps win, they could possibly break into the top 25. They could also put themselves in position for a decent bowl game instead of just trying to make any bowl. It would also go a long way to ease the disappointment of how the O's season ended, at least, for me. Go Terps! Go Ravens! Make this a good weekend.

Yeah, they win this and the should make a pretty decent bowl.

Ohio State is clearly the Tier I team in the Big Ten, and I would say they are easily the best team in the country. You could put Michigan in the Tier I group as well based on how much better they are than the rest of the Big 10, although I don't think they are even in the same league as Ohio State. Nebraska and Wisky are Tier II. And then you have this huge range of teams that all could conceivably be the next team on the list due to the fact that Michigan State and Iowa have been so average/bad this year. MD beats Penn State Saturday, and they make a strong case for being the next team talked about in that low-Tier II or upper Tier III grouping. And that is going to come with a pretty nice bowl game.

Penn State fan here, I come in peace! MD native, love the Orioles and Ravens and rooted for the Terps growing up, but moved to PA in high school and ended up at PSU.

Is MD a legit 4-0 or a product of early season non-conference games?

From a PSU perspective, this game scares me. Penn State is extremely thin at LB, the Dline is talented but inexperienced since 3/4 of last year's starters moved on to the NFL, seems as though Franklin makes at least one really bizarre decision per game, and I'm not sure that the read option offense they are now running is best suited for Barkley.

Penn State fan here, I come in peace! MD native, love the Orioles and Ravens and rooted for the Terps growing up, but moved to PA in high school and ended up at PSU.

Is MD a legit 4-0 or a product of early season non-conference games?

From a PSU perspective, this game scares me. Penn State is extremely thin at LB, the Dline is talented but inexperienced since 3/4 of last year's starters moved on to the NFL, seems as though Franklin makes at least one really bizarre decision per game, and I'm not sure that the read option offense they are now running is best suited for Barkley.

There's a lot of teams that would be 4-0 with MD's schedule. A lot of MD fans expected this result. I think the thing that has MD fans excited is the way the Terps are winning. The team and fans have really bought into Durkin and his staff. If their real or not, I'm not really sure. The game tomorrow will be a good measuring stick. For the first time in a while, I feel like the Terps have a chance (even if it's a slim chance)against everyone on their schedule outside of Ohio State and Michigan. Of course that can change if MD comes out and gets stomped tomorrow.

There is no doubt MD is a better team than last year. And I agree, they really seem to be getting whatever it is that Durkin is coaching (compared to the "growing pains" of Edsall's first year).

How that translates into wins/loses for the rest of the year, remains to be seen.

You would have liked to have seen better, but not completely unexpected. Schedule was soft and they were outplayed by UCF.

Defense needs a massive talent infusion across the board.

Offense needs to get a QB that can make throws. Aren't going to be able to run and throw parallel passes all game against the better teams.

You would have liked to have seen better' date=' but not completely unexpected. Schedule was soft and they were outplayed by UCF.

Defense needs a massive talent infusion across the board.

Offense needs to get a QB that can make throws. Aren't going to be able to run and throw parallel passes all game against the better teams.[/quote']

Exactly my observations. Defense just needs a total talent infusion and some speed. From what I've hard, the coaching staff knows this and realizes they are kinda stringing things together. I mean they have a former QB playing MLB so clearly they are just seeing what fits the best this year.

Offensively, they need a QB who can throw the ball down the field accurately. Piggy is dynamic, but his inability to be a threat throwing will limit his effectiveness long term at the QB position. Still, he'll be a nice weapon through his career.

Offensively, they need a QB who can throw the ball down the field accurately. Piggy is dynamic, but his inability to be a threat throwing will limit his effectiveness long term at the QB position. Still, he'll be a nice weapon through his career.

I went to a Virginia Tech Hokie club meeting where the guest speaker was one of the top assistant coaches who was heavily involved in recruiting. In the Q&A session, when asked about Pigrome,, whom we ha d recruited and I believe we were one of his final 3 choices before he picked the Terps.... The coach said a big factor in Pigrome's choice was that MD promised him he would be a QB, and we wouldn't make that promise. And, in fact, we definitely planned to use him at other positions if he chose VT.

Archived