Boston loses in Three straight

Uli2001

It's a tough call. One of the more obnoxious Red Sox fans I know has adopted the Giants in recent years since his work takes him to SF. I kid him that he could have picked a lousy team as his mistress, but no, he had to pick a team that's also won 3 World Series in recent years. Typical front runner.

Baseball fans like those aren't real baseball fans. Just remember that, you are superior to him in that regard.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This gives me some solace after a miserable exit.

Terry Francona is a heckuva manager and that was some sweet revenge. I don't care if the Indians win the World Series at this point, so long as the Browns stay the same.

I understand why someone from Cleveland would hate the Ravens. I don't understand why anyone would hate the Browns. Baltimore took Cleveland's team, not the other way around.

I understand why someone from Cleveland would hate the Ravens. I don't understand why anyone would hate the Browns. Baltimore took Cleveland's team, not the other way around.

The Browns fanbase has been brutally slamming Baltimore and the Ravens nonstop since the day the move was announced. At some point, I switched from empathy to STFU already. So, yeah, it's pretty easy for Ravens fans to strongly dislike the Browns and their fans. Not like a mutual-respect hatred that we feel for the Steelers, though. I lean more towards pity, myself... until they get their once-every-five-years win over the Ravens and immediately turn back into the obnoxious, holier-than-thou, "Baltimore is the sewer of the US" fans I can't stand...

Same division is the problem. The NFL was smart to put the Browns, Steelers and Ravens together.

Oh and Ravens fans are keenly aware the NFL didn't want football in Baltimore, thanks mainly to Jack Kent Cooke wanting the Red****s to own the Baltimore market. They did a big "mea culpa" to Cleveland and got them a new franchise with the same name and colors very quickly and gave them their history. Meanwhile Indianapolis has the Colts and all the Baltimore records for it.

Same division is the problem. The NFL was smart to put the Browns, Steelers and Ravens together.

Oh and Ravens fans are keenly aware the NFL didn't want football in Baltimore, thanks mainly to Jack Kent Cooke wanting the Red****s to own the Baltimore market. They did a big "mea culpa" to Cleveland and got them a new franchise with the same name and colors very quickly and gave them their history. Meanwhile Indianapolis has the Colts and all the Baltimore records for it.

I don't blame Cleveland for the fact that (1) Indianapolis stole the Colts, and (2) the NFL didn't protect Baltimore the way they protected Cleveland. If anything, it shows the NFL learned a lesson from the bad experience with the Colts and took steps to avoid a repeat. I don't think Baltimore fans would want the borrowed history and colors of the Browns, anyway. Oriole fans certainly don't think if the St. Louis Browns as part of their team's legacy.

I don't blame Cleveland for the fact that (1) Indianapolis stole the Colts, and (2) the NFL didn't protect Baltimore the way they protected Cleveland. If anything, it shows the NFL learned a lesson from the bad experience with the Colts and took steps to avoid a repeat. I don't think Baltimore fans would want the borrowed history and colors of the Browns, anyway. Oriole fans certainly don't think if the St. Louis Browns as part of their team's legacy.

I don't have a horse in this race but if they learned a lesson why didn't Baltimore get one of the expansion franchises? I think the liker scenario is they didn't care about Baltimore losing a team but did care about Cleveland losing one.

I don't have a horse in this race but if they learned a lesson why didn't Baltimore get one of the expansion franchises? I think the liker scenario is they didn't care about Baltimore losing a team but did care about Cleveland losing one.

Baltimore had a better bid than Jacksonville and was summarily dismissed from the Commissioner who advised the city they could build a museum with the money. How ironic that the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame money was a big factor in Art Modell leaving Cleveland for Baltimore.

Fast forward: Baltimore Ravens fans largely don't care about this situation. What matters is, two games a year played against the Browns. It's like the Orioles with the Jays, Sawx, Yankees and/or Rays. You don't want your in-division opponents to do well at the expense of your team.

I don't really have a horse in this race either. I don't live in Baltimore, never went to a football game there, and though I was a die-hard Colts fan, I switched allegiances to another team when they moved and it really didn't really matter to me if Baltimore got another team or not. At this point, I don't really care much about football at all, though I'm happy to watch it on a cold Sunday afternoon just to pass the time.

Baltimore had a better bid than Jacksonville and was summarily dismissed from the Commissioner who advised the city they could build a museum with the money. How ironic that the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame money was a big factor in Art Modell leaving Cleveland for Baltimore.

Fast forward: Baltimore Ravens fans largely don't care about this situation. What matters is, two games a year played against the Browns. It's like the Orioles with the Jays, Sawx, Yankees and/or Rays. You don't want your in-division opponents to do well at the expense of your team.

Building a museum like the Rock n Roll Hall of fame is probably a wiser investment for a city than a football team. But really not the NFL commissioners place to say things like that.

Archived