Let's not waste any more of Arrieta's time at Frederick

Frobby

C'mon, this is ridiculous. Tonight: 7 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 6 K's.

This guy has started 9 games and has allowed 2 hits or fewer in 6 of them. In 51.2 innings of work he's allowed 24 hits while striking out 59 batters.

It's not just that. You have to consider that he pitched to a 0.00 ERA in the Arizona Fall League, which is a much higher level of play than high-A. Yeah, that was in a relief role, but he was consistently dominant against tougher hitters than he is facing now.

So I say, it is time to stop wasting Arrieta's time. His next start should be at Bowie.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
C'mon, this is ridiculous. Tonight: 7 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 3 BB, 6 K's.

This guy has started 9 games and has allowed 2 hits or fewer in 6 of them. In 51.2 innings of work he's allowed 24 hits while striking out 59 batters.

It's not just that. You have to consider that he pitched to a 0.00 ERA in the Arizona Fall League, which is a much higher level of play than high-A. Yeah, that was in a relief role, but he was consistently dominant against tougher hitters than he is facing now.

So I say, it is time to stop wasting Arrieta's time. His next start should be at Bowie.

From talking with someone in Frederick both he and Weiters will be moved after the Class A all star game and the first half is over. Got a feeling they are also trying to win the first half so the Keys make the playoffs.

From talking with someone in Frederick both he and Weiters will be moved after the Class A all star game and the first half is over. Got a feeling they are also trying to win the first half so the Keys make the playoffs.

The development of two of our top prospects should be a much greater concern than Frederick winning the first-half.

This is foolish...Hurting the development of these guys for a worthless first half title? Makes no sense.

Keeping them in Frederick for another 4-6 weeks(or whatever it is) is totally irresponsible of this organization.

When is the Class A all star game?

This is foolish...Hurting the development of these guys for a worthless first half title? Makes no sense.

Keeping them in Frederick for another 6 weeks(or whatever it is) is totally irresponsible of this organization.

In 6 weeks Wieters could accumalte 150 at-bats at AA, and Arrieta could make 7 or 8 starts. That's vital experience in the upper minors that they're missing out on.

If they can play their way all the way to Charm City next year, it will be a tremendous accomplishment. Reimold too.

Keeping them in Frederick for another 6 weeks(or whatever it is) is totally irresponsible of this organization.

Jordan, and MacPhail are showing they can shop for good groceries. Let's give them a chance to cook the dinner. I trust their judgement on bringing players along than any one on this board.

As of right now, how many pitching prospects are better than Arrieta in all of baseball?

His command rate is about 2.3:1....His K rate is 10.3....He is giving up 4 HITS per 9 IP!!!! He has only given up 1 homer all year.

His BB rate is 4.4 and that must come down but overall, he is dominating this league.

Jordan, and MacPhail are showing they can shop for good groceries. Let's give them a chance to cook the dinner. I trust their judgement on bringing players along than any one on this board.

But when these guys aren't getting challenged, there is no reason to keep them where they are...I mean, Wieters has "struggled" and his OPS is still around 1000!!! That's not being challenged.

But when these guys aren't getting challenged, there is no reason to keep them where they are...I mean, Wieters has "struggled" and his OPS is still around 1000!!! That's not being challenged.

I guess the front office is thinking in the big picture what is another month?

It gets these guys into an all star game, gets one of the farm teams some playoff experience, and really doesn't effect the players all that much. From what I'm hearing neither Wieters or Arrieta are complaining about not being promoted.

I guess the front office is thinking in the big picture what is another month?

It gets these guys into an all star game, gets one of the farm teams some playoff experience, and really doesn't effect the players all that much. From what I'm hearing neither Wieters or Arrieta are complaining about not being promoted.

Right...So why have them get another month against guys that can't challenge them?

So they can say one of their farm teams won the first half title??

Archived