Your (just for fun) draft day impossible dream scenarios...

Here we can discuss some of our craziest draft day fantasy dream scenarios. One rule, they have to be semi-realistic. No ideas such as every team passes up on all the 1st round projected talents, and we take them with every pick we have. I'll present mine as an example.

In my scenario, Eric Hosmer issues a statement that he is fully prepared to go to college, will not sign for any less than 7 mil, and all teams not willing to pay that much should pass on him.

On draft day, Tampa selects T.Beckham, Pitt takes Matusz, Kansas takes Crow, and we select Alvarez.

At the time of our second round pick, Hosmer is still available. Joe Jordan, seeing our lack of positional talent, decides to splurge and pay Hosmer his 7 mil.

With our first and second picks, we added two impact bats to the system in Alvarez and Hosmer.

ALTERNATE: The draft order is: Tampa: T.Beckham, Pitt: Alvarez, Kansas: Crow, and BAL: Matusz. Hosmer falls and we take him in the 2nd.

In the alternate, we end up with a top of the rotation lefty and an impact bat in with our first two round picks.

That's not even semi-realistic.

(just for fun) impossible dream scenarios (just for fun) impossible dream scenarios (just for fun) impossible dream scenarios (just for fun) impossible dream scenarios (just for fun) impossible dream scenarios (just for fun) impossible dream scenarios (just for fun) impossible dream scenarios (just for fun) impossible dream scenarios (just for fun) impossible dream scenarios (just for fun) impossible dream scenarios (just for fun) impossible dream scenarios

Ok, i'll bite.

Unrealistic dream scenario...

1.Rays - Posey

2.Pirates - Matusz

3.Royals - Smoak

4.Orioles - T.Beckham

Hosmer falls because of draft demands and the O's take him in the supplemental round.

O's steal R. Havens in the 2nd after he slides through for some unforeseen reason.

T. Scheppers, still on the board in the 3rd because of an injury is taken by the Orioles.

Considered by some to be a reach, Orioles take Michael Sheridan, William & Mary 1B in the 4th round.

Ok that was kinda fun. Now back to reality.

That's not even semi-realistic.

Leitch seems to have this taken care of.

In the topic, I said the only rule was that it had to be semi-realistic, and one player dropping isn't unheard of. Its a near guarantee not to happen, but I wouldn't call it "not even semi-realistic" for a just for fun scenario.

Ok, i'll bite.

1.Rays - Posey

2.Pirates - Matusz

3.Royals - Smoak

4.Orioles - T.Beckham

Hosmer falls because of draft demands and the O's take him in the supplemental round.

O's steal R. Havens in the 2nd after he slides through for some unforeseen reason.

T. Scheppers, still on the board in the 3rd because of an injury is taken by the Orioles.

Considered by some to be a reach, Orioles take Michael Sheridan, William & Mary 1B in the 4th round.

You (and I both) forgot to add the part where Angelos accidentally leaves his account number on Jordan's desk. Thats an expensive draft right there.

Here we can discuss some of our craziest draft day fantasy dream scenarios. One rule, they have to be semi-realistic. No ideas such as every team passes up on all the 1st round projected talents, and we take them with every pick we have. I'll present mine as an example.

In my scenario, Eric Hosmer issues a statement that he is fully prepared to go to college, will not sign for any less than 7 mil, and all teams not willing to pay that much should pass on him.

On draft day, Tampa selects T.Beckham, Pitt takes Matusz, Kansas takes Crow, and we select Alvarez.

At the time of our second round pick, Hosmer is still available. Joe Jordan, seeing our lack of positional talent, decides to splurge and pay Hosmer his 7 mil.

With our first and second picks, we added two impact bats to the system in Alvarez and Hosmer.

ALTERNATE: The draft order is: Tampa: T.Beckham, Pitt: Alvarez, Kansas: Crow, and BAL: Matusz. Hosmer falls and we take him in the 2nd.

In the alternate, we end up with a top of the rotation lefty and an impact bat in with our first two round picks.

I always like to dream... :D

"What are we without our dreams? ...but placated souls without the will

to stand and shout that dreams abound, and dance within us still." --Me

Dream draft... hmmmm... I like both of your Hosmer scenarios certainly.

I'd say that most O's fan's would love for the following to happen... Alvarez at #4, injured Fresno State RHSP Tanner Scheppers at #50, and Howard College SS Tyler Ladendorf at #82. That's just one sweet scenario. Or swap Hosmer for Scheppers. I like that even better. 8)

Ok, i'll bite.

1.Rays - Posey

2.Pirates - Matusz

3.Royals - Smoak

4.Orioles - T.Beckham

With us not having a supplemental choice, that hurts a bit. ;)

Ahhhh got ya. :D

:D

I originally had them all bumped down one spot, but asking all of them to drop a round more than they should go seemed non-semi realistic, so I had to add a make believe pick in there to make it seem somewhat in the realm.

I'd be happy with taking a bat at #4, picking up a slider (Hosmer, Weeks, any number of other guys we have discussed) in the 2nd, and then getting Scheppers in the 3rd, but it is impossible to pick the sliders before the draft, hence why dreamtime is fun.

Ok, i'll bite.

1.Rays - Posey

2.Pirates - Matusz

3.Royals - Smoak

4.Orioles - T.Beckham

BAL doesn't have a supplemental pick ;)

Archived