Various Orioles related FanGraphs articles

ArtVanDelay

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

You have to be quick to beat me on Fangraphs stuff.

To get to the playoffs last season, Orioles’ brass certainly had to make some good decisions, but their bad ones sure were doozies. The largest, most consequential blunder was the relegation of Zach Britton to bystander status in the wild card game, but their attempt to wash their hands of Hyun Soo Kim after a poor spring training very nearly kept them out of the postseason in the first place.

Joey Rickard started the season as the regular left fielder, but by season’s end Kim was garnering the bulk of the playing time. He’s a high-floor, moderate-upside type with a strong K/BB foundation, and a little more pop than you might think. His Adjusted Fly Ball Contact Score of 89 suggests that he might have a 15-home-run season in him at some point. Bear in mind, however, that the O’s have barely let Kim even try to bat against lefties. I’d take the training wheels off, to see what they truly have in this guy. At the very least, he’s a very productive platooner who can bat at or near the top of the lineup.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2016-hitter-contact-quality-report-al-left-fielders/

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/effectively-wild-episode-1009-the-orioles-vs-the-world/

Someone give that a listen and let me know if it's worth the trouble please.

It's less Orioles concentrated than one would guess from the title.  The question is - would you trade your entire 40 man roster + farm system for the Orioles?  Then they covered all 29 other teams, and their final conclusion was the Orioles are about 22nd or 23rd.

White Sox, Twins, Reds, Padres, Marlins and A's would.

Angels, Royals and Rays are a push.

Every other team in MLB's overall outlook deemed better, naturally, of course.

But Keith Law does think Chris Lee is a good prospect.

On 1/20/2017 at 2:54 PM, OrioleDog said:

It's less Orioles concentrated than one would guess from the title.  The question is - would you trade your entire 40 man roster + farm system for the Orioles?  Then they covered all 29 other teams, and their final conclusion was the Orioles are about 22nd or 23rd.

White Sox, Twins, Reds, Padres, Marlins and A's would.

Angels, Royals and Rays are a push.

Every other team in MLB's overall outlook deemed better, naturally, of course.

But Keith Law does think Chris Lee is a good prospect.

Shouldn't the potential to resign manny alone put us higher?

On 1/4/2017 at 6:46 PM, ArtVanDelay said:

The Davis post got me thinking...

how many teams' top three position players would you take over the Orioles trio:

Machado

jones

davis

Archived