Russell's (NOT) Coming.

weams

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

So going to arbitration equals he's being traded?

Three players are going to arbitration.

Dan said "a couple".

Folks took that to mean one of the three will not longer be with the team.

Remember how Guthrie wanted to experience the arbitration process and ended up in Colorado?

4 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

It's kind of aggravating seeing the Orioles squabbling over 1.2 million over three players yet gave MacFarland and Flaherty as much as they got.

TJ didn't get much at all and I wouldn't be surprised if he got cut in ST.

I think the O's like to use the arbitration process as a learning tool for players.

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Three players are going to arbitration.

Dan said "a couple".

Folks took that to mean one of the three will not longer be with the team.

Remember how Guthrie wanted to experience the arbitration process and ended up in Colorado?

Guthrie wasn't a AS reliever on a contending team. Wasn't there rumors Guthrie ran his mouth too?

14 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

TJ didn't get much at all and I wouldn't be surprised if he got cut in ST.

I think the O's like to use the arbitration process as a learning tool for players.

$523k is too much for him. I wish the Orioles would stop wasting a spot on him. 

13 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

OK if you don't like the Guthrie example they took De Aza to arbitration over what 50k?

Brach might be the fourth guy out of the pen this season.

Hey, I'm not really concerned they are taking Brach to arbitration. Just don't see where that means he's being traded. I could see Joseph going.

Just now, Dark Helmet said:

Hey, I'm not really concerned they are taking Brach to arbitration. Just don't see where that means he's being traded. I could see Joseph going.

It doesn't say it.

Dan said something and some posters took it to mean Brach was being traded.  And I am not at all sure if they were even being serious.  It does strike me as a Dan thing to do if it turns out that way.

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It doesn't say it.

Dan said something and some posters took it to mean Brach was being traded.  And I am not at all sure if they were even being serious.  It does strike me as a Dan thing to do if it turns out that way.

That's why I questioned it. I would personally trade Brach while the market is there. He's 30 and moat likely had a career year.

1 minute ago, Dark Helmet said:

I'm hoping they extend Gausman before then. Of they are smart. So I'm not worried about that. 

Just saying, he's a Super two so his award this year will have an impact on his salary for the next four years.  I can see why the Orioles would want to keep the number down.

Archived