Russell's (NOT) Coming.

weams

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

I'd sign Tommy Hunter and trade Brach for a young OFer.

I have been saying for 2 years we need to trade Brach. To me, the Nationals could give you a young starter. Then sign Hunter, De La Rosa, etc.

Brach had a career year IMO.

7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Back on topic:  Joseph's arbitration hearing is today.  Gausman's is Feb. 7 and Brach's is Feb. 16.

Seems really odd to me that they go to arb with the ace of their pitching staff, and their best middle reliever

pinching pennies on the top guys while overpaying for Davis, Trumbo, .....

I think they lose the Gausman case

6 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Seems really odd to me that they go to arb with the ace of their pitching staff, and their best middle reliever

pinching pennies on the top guys while overpaying for Davis, Trumbo, .....

I think they lose the Gausman case

It is more than this years salary that is at stake in these arbitration hearings.  You already know this but like to make the Orioles look cheap.  It is a bit insulting oto most fans when you do this but have at it anyway.

I don't think the O's are chea

2 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

It is more than this years salary that is at stake in these arbitration hearings.  You already know this but like to make the Orioles look cheap.  It is a bit insulting oto most fans when you do this but have at it anyway.

I don't think of the O's as cheap at all.... in fact I am pretty consistent on my opinion that they have way overpaid on all of their major extensions (Hardy, O'day, Davis, Trumbo).

I'd like them to pay they young guys, and lock them up to pre FA extensions... and not sign 30 yo's who are past their prime

Cheap is not their problem, allocation of salary to the best players is what I have an issue with

They are in the top 10 of payroll, definitely not cheap

Archived