Time to bench Markakis and Roberts

JTrea81

Yeah cause I want to see the Orioles lose...:rolleyestf:

Markakis is struggling and he needs to have a day off. He's played in every game this season so far I believe. If that sounds better than benched go ahead and use that.

Roberts AB in the 8th disgusted me. He's just not focused right now and needs a day as well to refocus.

It's not negative it's the truth...

Regular rest - good thing.

Reactionary benchings to punish slumps - ridiculous.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The team has had 3 days off the last 2 weeks. That is their days off.

And Nick didn't start one game this year I believe.

They have had days off, they are just in a slump. These are our two best hitters, stop worrying so much about them.

This is the exact reason I'm worried. We aren't going to win too many games with these guys slumping. Roberts is the catalyst in the lineup. Markakis is the threat. Without those guys producing, we are going to head south in the standings in a hurry.

Seriously, who cares? IT IS A SLUMP!!!!

THEY AREN'T SEEING THE BALL WELL!!!!

Are you freaking kidding me?

After every loss, i say JTrea should be banned from the board for 12 hours. This is just ridiculous.

SLUMP SLUMP SLUMP SLUMP SLUMP SLUMP SLUMP SLUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is way over the top. You are a pot, and JTrea is a kettle (except that he didn't even freak out like you did).

This board is becoming so stats oriented that people no longer trust what they are watching - or they don't even know what they are watching. Markakis has been a very good player, but he is not doing very well right now and there are indeed holes in his swing. This is not an issue of small sample size. As you pointed out, there have been several days off recently, but Markakis does indeed need to do something.

JTrea - your original post is not out of hand, and it isn't an over reaction.

Funny, I got lambasted for stating that Markakis needed a day off a couple weeks ago. People poured all over that post, but the very next day DT gave him the day off. Anyone who watched his post game comments knew that DT was talking about Markakis. So far as I know, no one is saying he's a bad player, is going to be a bad player - just that he needs to adjust.

But before anyone else does it, I'm just going to negative rep myself and tell myself to get over it. HE'S THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?! YOU'RE OVERREACTING. NEG REP COMING! :drek:

This is the exact reason I'm worried. We aren't going to win too many games with these guys slumping. Roberts is the catalyst in the lineup. Markakis is the threat. Without those guys producing, we are going to head south in the standings in a hurry.

We are going to anyway.

In other words, we'll be where we are supposed to be...

This is way over the top. You are a pot, and JTrea is a kettle (except that he didn't even freak out like you did).

This board is becoming so stats oriented that people no longer trust what they are watching - or they don't even know what they are watching. Markakis has been a very good player, but he is not doing very well right now and there are indeed holes in his swing. This is not an issue of small sample size. As you pointed out, there have been several days off recently, but Markakis does indeed need to do something.

Funny, I got lambasted for stating that Markakis needed a day off a couple weeks ago. People poured all over that post, but the very next day DT gave him the day off. Anyone who watched his post game comments knew that DT was talking about Markakis. So far as I know, no one is saying he's a bad player, is going to be a bad player - just that he needs to adjust.

But before anyone else does it, I'm just going to negative rep myself and tell myself to get over it. HE'S THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU!?! YOU'RE OVERREACTING. NEG REP COMING! :drek:

Yea because I irrationally overreact over nothing! :rolleyes:

Yes, Nick is struggling, sort of, as of late...It is called a slump..Crying about is ridiculous.

The only thing he can adjust from the bench is his cup.

We are going to anyway.

Yeah I know but it's tough to see games lost that we could have won. We don't have to head south as quick if some guys get some rest and refocus and get their head back in the game...

It might get them a little more refocused or "hungry" if you will. I don't think you can say that both are giving 100% of what they can right now...

How can you make that statement?

Are you in the clubhouse?

So, you're on board with benching your stars as a method to get them to break out of slumps?

I'd love it if the Yanks benched A-Rod for 2-3 games every time he went 4-for-25.

Yeah I know but it's tough to see games lost that we could win. We don't have to head south as quick if some guys get some rest and refocus and get their head back in the game...

We've had two days off in the past week and three in a week and a half.

He doesn't need rest.

Archived