Orioles smarter than Yanks

pastorfan

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thezeroes said:

I was not implying no such thing.  I was answer/asking a question of another poster within this thread about Stewart being a WASTED PICK.  My inference was that so were the other 42 picks within the draft class.

Read the entire thread before you admonish a post that was answering exactly the same question/point that you seem to think I DO NOT GET.

But why bring up major league appearances at all? If you're suggesting that it's too early to tell whether someone is or is not a wasted pick, then OK. I get that. But I also understand the frustration with Stewart specifically. Some analysts were skeptical of him even at the time he was drafted, and he's performed poorly since. 

3 hours ago, PaulFolk said:

But why bring up major league appearances at all? If you're suggesting that it's too early to tell whether someone is or is not a wasted pick, then OK. I get that. But I also understand the frustration with Stewart specifically. Some analysts were skeptical of him even at the time he was drafted, and he's performed poorly since. 

I am not "Frustrated" with Stewart.  As I understand it, he had multiple changes to his batting stance since his draft day.  With those changes comes a certain amount of time to adjust to the adjustments.  His three months at Fredrick last season does show a lot of promise of things to come. 

I brought up the MLB Appearances of the Class of 2015 to show that very few membranes of that draft have made the MLB and those that did have not been an "Impact".  So why is this particular poster degrading the pick?? I do not know.

2 minutes ago, LA2 said:

Stewart's 78 walks (414 at-bats) and 26 stolen bases last year hold out some promise that he can help the O's address a long-standing lack.

Yeah, he knows how to walk.    But it's harder to walk at the major league level unless you're a threat with the bat.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, he knows how to walk.    But it's harder to walk at the major league level unless you're a threat with the bat.   

Agreed--that's why I said "some" promise. His pitch-discrimination skill potentially contributes to becoming that threat.

• 3 months later...

There was a lot of sentiment that we should have signed Carter over Trumbo.    Trumbo's not having a great year (though he's been excellent over the last 4/5 weeks), but have you seen what Carter's doing?   .179/.282/.330 and valued at -0.2 rWAR.    I'm not sure if signing Trumbo will prove to be a good move long term, but I'm very glad we didn't sign Carter.

On 2/9/2017 at 8:25 PM, RZNJ said:

I'm sure Gary Rajsich being the scouting director is the ultimate goat on that one.   That wouldn't be enough to want me to have him fired.

The Red Sox don't make mistakes like that?

2010  Kolbrin Vitek (20th overall pick)

2011 Matt Barnes (19th overall pick)

2012 Deven  Marrero (24th overall)    Brian Johnson (31st overall)  Pat Light (37th overall)

2013 Trey Ball (7th overall pick)   Does not look like a blue chipper so far

Rusney Castillo (7 years 72 million) 

Just because you say something doesn't make it dumb.   

So very true. 

On 2/11/2017 at 9:18 AM, Frobby said:

I've watched him at AA. He seems more comfortable against the pitching that resembles MLB. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived