Orioles smarter than Yanks

pastorfan

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I prefer Trumbo to Carter, but the Yankees got the better deal.     I do think Carter's one of those players who's hard to watch because he so rarely puts the ball in play, even if the results aren't terrible.    He's like 2016 Chris Davis without the defense and occasional monster years.   

34 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I prefer Trumbo to Carter, but the Yankees got the better deal.     I do think Carter's one of those players who's hard to watch because he so rarely puts the ball in play, even if the results aren't terrible.    He's like 2016 Chris Davis without the defense and occasional monster years.   

I think the Yanks got the better throwaway deal. I think both teams got the best deal for each of their teams.

47 minutes ago, Frobby said:

But the O's just paid 35 m or so more for Trumbo. I don't know how anyone can think that is good or smart. Almost 200 m committed to Trumbo and Davis, ok fine--but if you don't resign Manny because of it then don't complain to me.

2 hours ago, scOtt said:

I still wouldn't be surprised by an OFer who can play the damn OF. DD will find somebody.

I would be surprised. I mean, how long has it been that DD found anyone that could play OF. Even Bourn showed that he can't play RF--lest we forget the fly ball he misplayed against the Blue Jays in the play offs. 

Just now, pastorfan said:

I would be surprised. I mean, how long has it been that DD found anyone that could play OF. Even Bourn showed that he can't play RF--lest we forget the fly ball he misplayed against the Blue Jays in the play offs. 

Pretty sure we are only supposed to mention the ball Nolan misplayed.

6 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

One play. He is actually decent, not great. Much better than Trumbo mostly full-time. We have Smith. You now get another right FIELDER, I prefer a RH batter, DD seems to want a lefty, get a defensive player for a platoon for LHP. You're better than last year's team. Kim and Rickard handle LF.

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Its surprising that Michael Bourn isn't signed already if the Orioles are actually interested.    Which makes me think that they aren't.

MHO, I think he's our last resort. Option "D". And compared to other OFers who are left, Bourn is the lowest tier. Perception at least. I think he would be a great pickup for us.

51 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

That was a bad play, but he also made a great play earlier in the game.    I'd be happy to have an OF with Bourn's defensive skills, though I'd rather find a younger one who hits better.

Archived