Conference Tourneys -- Possible O's Draftees

Smoak and Alvarez play today at 4:00 in the SEC Tourney. Loser is eliminated, winner plays Ole Miss tomorrow at 11am (and 6pm if necessary).

Posey plays today at 5 against UVA and tomorrow at 5pm vs. UNC (#1 in the country after taking 2 of 3 from Miami to close the season).

Matusz pitches today against Pepperdine (WCC Championship isn't a tourney, it's a three game series). He might throw again Sunday (if necessary).

Georgia was eliminated from the SEC Tourney last night, so you'll have to wait for Regionals to see G-Bex.

Some of these are broadcast online (I think South Carolina broadcasts all of their games). Fox Sports is covering ACC and SEC games near me. Hope this helps.

Smoak and Alvarez play today at 4:00 in the SEC Tourney. Loser is eliminated, winner plays Ole Miss tomorrow at 11am (and 6pm if necessary).

Posey plays today at 5 against UVA and tomorrow at 5pm vs. UNC (#1 in the country after taking 2 of 3 from Miami to close the season).

Matusz pitches today against Pepperdine (WCC Championship isn't a tourney, it's a three game series). He might throw again Sunday (if necessary).

Georgia was eliminated from the SEC Tourney last night, so you'll have to wait for Regionals to see G-Bex.

Some of these are broadcast online (I think South Carolina broadcasts all of their games). Fox Sports is covering ACC and SEC games near me. Hope this helps.

I am going to the Posey game today, assuming it doesn't get rained out.

I've been way too drunk and hung over the past two days to post, but here's what Posey did on Wednesday (I have no idea if its been discussed in another thread, so forgive me). He hit two homers against Wake. The second of which was hit to dead center field....which is no small feat since Jacksonville's stadium is 420 to dead center. I've seen over a hundred games in that stadium, and I've never even seen anyone hit a ball off the wall in that part of the park, much less all the way out. It was a ridiculous shot, and Wake's pitcher had shut down the Noles to the tune of 2 runs through 5+ at that point (including Posey's first solo shot).

I am going to the Posey game today, assuming it doesn't get rained out.

I've been way too drunk and hung over the past two days to post, but here's what Posey did on Wednesday (I have no idea if its been discussed in another thread, so forgive me). He hit two homers against Wake. The second of which was hit to dead center field....which is no small feat since Jacksonville's stadium is 420 to dead center. I've seen over a hundred games in that stadium, and I've never even seen anyone hit a ball off the wall in that part of the park, much less all the way out. It was a ridiculous shot, and Wake's pitcher had shut down the Noles to the tune of 2 runs through 5+ at that point (including Posey's first solo shot).

I'm looking forward to Saturday. I'll be able to watch the tourney games -- Hopefully the ACC games and the Vandy/SC winner Miss game.

Have you been totally surprised by the SEC tourney? UF and UGA eliminated in 2 games? Wow...I was blown away by that (and pleasantly surprised by the former part).

I can try to take some pictures of the Posey and Alonso games if anyone would care to see them. My seats are right behind home plate.

Have you been totally surprised by the SEC tourney? UF and UGA eliminated in 2 games? Wow...I was blown away by that (and pleasantly surprised by the former part).

I can try to take some pictures of the Posey and Alonso games if anyone would care to see them. My seats are right behind home plate.

I'd like a look at those pictures. Also, Weeks in the field if you're so inclined ;)

Georgia ran into some stout pitching. I was a little surprised, but it happens every year come post season time. Remember Vandy in Regionals last year?!?!

My guess is still Miami in the ACC; I'm going out on a limb and picking Ole Miss in the SEC (though, as an ND guy, I would love to see Manieri win one at LSU).

Dang, I wish I could be down there. It was nice seeing Yonder make ESPN"s top ten plays with that one blast. This is the best Miami team since 1999/1998. I hope they stay focused.

Archived