God NL baseball is awful

Sports Guy

One tenth of the total ABs in a game (I'm estimating to account for pinch hitters) being given to sub-high school level hitters is already far too many.

I agree, but it doesn't make the whole game awful.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only for neanderthal fans whose appreciation of the game is limited to oohing and ahhing over gargantuan home run shots.
I'd much rather watch a 3rd grade girl bat than a guy who actually knows what they're doing at the plate :rolleyes:

Only for neanderthal fans whose appreciation of the game is limited to oohing and ahhing over gargantuan home run shots.

Yea because you can only have a true appreciation to watch a pitcher wail away like some little leaguer. :rolleyes:

Give me a f'ing break. Surprised you were able to post this, with you being on your knees for Costas and all.

Yea because you can only have a true appreciation to watch a pitcher wail away like some little leaguer. :rolleyes:

Give me a f'ing break. Surprised you were able to post this, with you being on your knees for Costas and all.

Awwwww ****

Oh no you di'int

I know it's been a rough few days, but hang in there bud.

Before you know it, you'll be done with this NL crap, and you'll be back truly appreciating watching Corey Patterson in the 9 hole, wailing away like some little leaguer.

Before you know it, you'll be done with this NL crap, and you'll be back truly appreciating watching Corey Patterson in the 9 hole, wailing away like some little leaguer.

Hey, we can watch that anytime.:)

Now that is funny.:D Sad as well.

Don't forget Bako, and maybe Fahey in the near future.:mad:

Dude, the best hitting pitcher in the majors, in any real number of at-bats, is your Carlos Zambrano. He has a .781 OPS in 32 at-bats. The next closest with similar at-bats is Jake Peavy, with a .613 OPS. After that, there isn't anyone within forty OPS points.

If your starting shortstop was batting ninth with a .613 OPS, you would be calling for his head (actually, bad example in your case ;)). Even with the Orioles though, the only two real starters on any regular basis who are near that bad are Gibbons and Patterson, and both have attributes offensively that pitchers don't usually bring (power for Gibbons, and speed for Patterson).

Besides, you don't think there is strategy involved when you need to decide who to pitch to late in the game, because the ninth guy in the lineup isn't an automatic out and the best hitters are right behind them?

Archived