Orioles Release Bourn (again)

Can_of_corn

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Bourn starts in the minors. We possibly see a Reimold signing. 

23 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Bourn starts in the minors. We possibly see a Reimold signing. 

I doubt we see Reimold in an Orioles uniform again unless he coaches or is at an old timers game.

From Roch's column this morning:

"“It wasn’t football for fun, first off,” Bourn said this morning while standing at his locker with a splint on his finger. “I was doing it for conditioning. It was just a conditioning drill that you do and the ball just hit be in the wrong spot. I thought it was a jam at first, but I kind of knew. It hurt kind of bad, more than a jam. And they showed me a little spot where there’s like a little crack. Not a crack, but a little space where it broke a little bit, so I have to let it heal and I’ll see what happens."

They need to look into using Nerf footballs for that drill from now on. That could happen to anybody. Glad it wasn't Manny, Adam or Gausman or the like. 

21 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

From Roch's column this morning:

"“It wasn’t football for fun, first off,” Bourn said this morning while standing at his locker with a splint on his finger. “I was doing it for conditioning. It was just a conditioning drill that you do and the ball just hit be in the wrong spot. I thought it was a jam at first, but I kind of knew. It hurt kind of bad, more than a jam. And they showed me a little spot where there’s like a little crack. Not a crack, but a little space where it broke a little bit, so I have to let it heal and I’ll see what happens."

They need to look into using Nerf footballs for that drill from now on. That could happen to anybody. Glad it wasn't Manny, Adam or Gausman or the like. 

We used to do drills like that.  Instead of footballs, we ran routes with our gloves and caught baseballs.

16 hours ago, wildcard said:

I doubt we see Reimold in an Orioles uniform again unless he coaches or is at an old timers game.

Reimold's new career should be to teach people how to win over their bosses. This guy, somehow, apparently won over Buck as well as Brady to a degree rarely seen. Seriously, the guy must have a way with people. 

6 hours ago, pastorfan said:

Reimold's new career should be to teach people how to win over their bosses. This guy, somehow, apparently won over Buck as well as Brady to a degree rarely seen. Seriously, the guy must have a way with people. 

I think you can include Peter in that list.   When Reimold jumped into the stands to try to catch a ball and injured his spine he won the respect of these key O's executives.   They gave him a lot of chances but he has used the up at this point.

Archived