Intrasquad Game 11:30 AM Thursday

weams

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That seems like a lot for someone who hasn't been a league average player since 2013.

Here are a few of the MAJOR LEAGUE CONTRACTS that were signed by players this winter.  IF this contract by Bournes was a MLB Guaranteed Deal, I think it falls in line with some of theses.

Ryan LaMarre    CF / LF / RF          Angels                                  $557,500             

Jimmy Paredes                 LF / RF / 2B          Japan                                    $1.2MM              

Alexi Amarista   CF / 2B / SS / 3B                Rockies                 $1.25MM            

Chris Heisey       CF / LF / RF          Nationals                             $1.4MM              

Franklin Gutierrez            DH / RF                 Dodgers               $2.6MM              

Ben Revere        CF / LF   Angels                                                  $4MM  

Colby Rasmus    CF / LF / RF          Rays                                       $5MM  

Rajai Davis           CF / LF   Athletics                                              $6MM  

Jon Jay CF / LF / RF          Cubs                                                      $8MM  

Michael Saunders            LF / RF   Phillies                                  $9MM  

Carlos Gomez    CF / LF / RF          Rangers                                $11.5MM            

Matt Holliday     1B / LF   Yankees                                               $13MM               

Carlos Beltran    DH / RF                 Astros                                   $16MM               

Jose Bautista      DH / RF                 Blue Jays                              $18.5MM

33 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Adam Jones.  It's a little irritating to hear a guy with a dismal postseason hitting record talk about other areas they need to improve in to advance.  Worry about yourself.

On the other hand it is refreshing to hear a player be open about the defensive shortcomings of his outfield teammates while not addressing his own.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

On the other hand it is refreshing to hear a player be open about the defensive shortcomings of his outfield teammates while not addressing his own.

I think it is obvious that with DHs in the field since 2013, Adam has tried to do too much out there. And I do think he would openly admit that if you asked him. 

Archived