They All Break

weams

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, weams said:

This, plus Archer DL, plus Duffy atrocious for 3rd time in 5 starts last night, perhaps leaves only Hamels as a rival if we are willing to make Gausman available in the next 8 weeks.  As certain as the Yankees playoff spot is, that Boston is right there with them make all 162 important due to wildcard peril.

9 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

This, plus Archer DL, plus Duffy atrocious for 3rd time in 5 starts last night, perhaps leaves only Hamels as a rival if we are willing to make Gausman available in the next 8 weeks.  As certain as the Yankees playoff spot is, that Boston is right there with them make all 162 important due to wildcard peril.

I’m pretty sure the FO knows as soon as we trade Gausman he will become Arrietta 2.0. We are too scared of the PR backlash. We weather the Arrietta storm a little because we were winning also. If we start a rebuild and Gausman kills, the backlash would be terrible. As it should. 

19 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m pretty sure the FO knows as soon as we trade Gausman he will become Arrietta 2.0. We are too scared of the PR backlash. We weather the Arrietta storm a little because we were winning also. If we start a rebuild and Gausman kills, the backlash would be terrible. As it should. 

I think the 100 loss season backlash will be worse.

3 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I’m pretty sure the FO knows as soon as we trade Gausman he will become Arrietta 2.0. We are too scared of the PR backlash. We weather the Arrietta storm a little because we were winning also. If we start a rebuild and Gausman kills, the backlash would be terrible. As it should

Gausman is 27 and has had success (over 9 career WAR) and is an established major league pitcher.  Plus we will be trading him for prospects.  We should get a pretty good haul from trading Gausman.   Arrieta was 27 and still struggling to prove he belong in the major leagues and we were just dumping him.  I don't see how the scenarios compare.  

14 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I was bemused by how some posters were still chasing after Lincecum.

I know this really belongs in your and ScOtt's other thread, but that word immediately made me think of this song

I'll admit I was interested in Lincecum, I always love a good come back story.  Guess there just wasn't much story to this one. 

2 hours ago, murph said:

I know this really belongs in your and ScOtt's other thread, but that word immediately made me think of this song

I'll admit I was interested in Lincecum, I always love a good come back story.  Guess there just wasn't much story to this one. 

I post music all over the place.

Archived