Opening Day tickets for Season Plan members

Going Underground

3 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

Does anyone have information as to when Opening Day Tickets will be available for sale to the general public/non-season ticket holders?

2016 marked first time in years where I was able buy tickets directly through the Orioles without a season ticket plan. I purchased two seats from through the Orioles website 5 days prior to last years opener. There were plenty of seats available at that time.

Any info would be helpful!

The Orioles don't really publicize it, they want people to believe that the only way to get in is by purchasing season tickets. Typically they pop up on the site about a week or so before Opening Day and they may add more between then and Opening Day. Someone will probably post here if they see Opening Day tickets available.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got OD tickets this morning and will be in section 262. We like to splurge and do CL in case we want to go inside if it is too cold or rainy/snowy.  We got the e-mail yesterday about our 13 game plan tickets being shipped and received them today.  

2 hours ago, CynBeth said:

We got OD tickets this morning and will be in section 262. We like to splurge and do CL in case we want to go inside if it is too cold or rainy/snowy.  We got the e-mail yesterday about our 13 game plan tickets being shipped and received them today.  

We did the same. Probably because of the 18 inches of snow. 

This is my fourth year with the 29 game package, and season tickets in general- I'm in section 56, also known as the section for Shaky, the best beer guy in the area.  In any case, the first year I had tickets in 2014, I was able to get my additional two in section 58.  In 2015 due to the volume of tickets they sold after the ALCS run, I lost them all the way over to section 14.  Last year, my guys ended up in section 10.  Now, I finally got them in 56, I think they must have bumped my group up as I went earlier (10 am) than I did last year.  

I do a Marlins Man type deal with my Opening Day tickets- I've taken someone new to Opening Day every year since I've gotten the tickets, and two of the three people going with me this year will be new to Opening Day.  I did the same with half of my Redskins tickets this year- in four of the eight games, the other person who went with me had never been to a pro football game.  I definitely believe in paying it forward, and since going to sporting events was huge for me growing up (my dad had season tickets to take me to Orioles, Redskins, Navy football and Baysox games) I like to pay it forward and take people with me, especially if they've never been before.  

Before I started a new thread related to tickets, did any of you guys notice that none of the 29 game tickets had the "Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Day" tag on them?  I looked and couldn't find them.  I made out pretty well in 2014, getting to three tables, including the one for Nick Markakis and then Adam Jones- but due to the uptick in sales, we only made it to Manny Machado in 2015, despite being about 40 people from the front of the line on the Ravens side of Eutaw Street.  After I heard they were doing random autograph stations in 2016, I just showed up a little early to grab cheaper food and hear the Buck/Dan address.  While I liked it in 2014, waiting in the hot weather just for a handful of autographs doesn't do it for me- not to mention, Jones and Markakis both did not sign on the sweet spot, so I took an ASG practice jersey for Manny to sign, and he only did the small Manny scribble, not across the "#1" like he did on the Mother's Day jersey that I bought via the auction this past year.   At least for me, I would just as rather buy the autographs I want rather than wait through that, but I had plenty of value in going last year after the autographs ended. 

However I realize that's a day that a lot of parents take their kids to get autographs, and it's a shame that it appears they are discontinuing one of the big tangible perks that they had as a STH.  Now, I completely understand if they eliminated it because of the quality of giveaways, especially if they plan to do two social media nights again this year, but if it's not replaced for 29 game holders, that's a big loss of value for us.  Speaking of which, unless they plan to figure that out and announce the date later, they don't even have those on the schedule.

10 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Before I started a new thread related to tickets, did any of you guys notice that none of the 29 game tickets had the "Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Day" tag on them?  I looked and couldn't find them.  I made out pretty well in 2014, getting to three tables, including the one for Nick Markakis and then Adam Jones- but due to the uptick in sales, we only made it to Manny Machado in 2015, despite being about 40 people from the front of the line on the Ravens side of Eutaw Street.  After I heard they were doing random autograph stations in 2016, I just showed up a little early to grab cheaper food and hear the Buck/Dan address.  While I liked it in 2014, waiting in the hot weather just for a handful of autographs doesn't do it for me- not to mention, Jones and Markakis both did not sign on the sweet spot, so I took an ASG practice jersey for Manny to sign, and he only did the small Manny scribble, not across the "#1" like he did on the Mother's Day jersey that I bought via the auction this past year.   At least for me, I would just as rather buy the autographs I want rather than wait through that, but I had plenty of value in going last year after the autographs ended. 

However I realize that's a day that a lot of parents take their kids to get autographs, and it's a shame that it appears they are discontinuing one of the big tangible perks that they had as a STH.  Now, I completely understand if they eliminated it because of the quality of giveaways, especially if they plan to do two social media nights again this year, but if it's not replaced for 29 game holders, that's a big loss of value for us.  Speaking of which, unless they plan to figure that out and announce the date later, they don't even have those on the schedule.

They are still doing this, it is called "State of the Orioles". The date is 7/22 against the Astros. The markings on the ticket are more subtle than last year, but it is clearly printed on the ticket. The random stations last year were great. I ended up with maybe a dozen autographs, including Bundy, Schoop and Britton. I am not a big autograph person, but I may get a couple nice pictures printed to potentially get signed and framed this year.

I suppose it is possible that they eliminated the autograph portion of the event, but there is no indication that is the case. The description in the Orange Carpet benefits page is the same.

7 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

They are still doing this, it is called "State of the Orioles". The date is 7/22 against the Astros. The markings on the ticket are more subtle than last year, but it is clearly printed on the ticket. The random stations last year were great. I ended up with maybe a dozen autographs, including Bundy, Schoop and Britton. I am not a big autograph person, but I may get a couple nice pictures printed to potentially get signed and framed this year.

I suppose it is possible that they eliminated the autograph portion of the event, but there is no indication that is the case. The description in the Orange Carpet benefits page is the same.

Awesome, I had a long day yesterday so I must have missed it.  Thanks for the info

Archived