May 27th: Yankees at O's

Balmer Bomber

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giambi's HR went onto Eutaw Street, the 41st ball ever hit out there (and second by Giambi).

Damon's HR was measured at 320 feet. Honestly now, that shouldn't even count.

Paul, I'm watching on MLB.tv in the corner of my screen so it's small and not all that clear. People on the Maryland board I read are saying it hit the warehouse. Is the official word that it did not?

Thanks!

I agree. But A-Rod shouldnt have thrown. He should have just held on to it.

Why?

He would have had him if he threw it on target, Jones would have scored anyways if he would have held it. That was the right play for ARod to throw it.

Five times doing that in less than 1/3 of a season is not good - the way to finish over .500 is to win series, especially after taking game one. Unfortunately, we lost several of those series due to offensive ineptitude and failure to take advantage of walks (two games this season, including game three vs. Yankees last week, we got four walks, used none to set up a run, let alone score any of the walks, and saw the winning run set up by our only walk of the game. A walk also set up our loss to Tampa Bay Sunday - our opposition has taken much better advantage of free passes than we have, and that must change.)

I'm trying to ration my postings.

But holey moley, we just hit back-to-back homers! It's 4-3! Swing at strikes, and good things can happen.

I hope Burress settles down. He's been good all season, so I hope last inning was a fluke. Lefties hammer him, though.

4-4 now. Great comeback. Chance to go ahead... Nope, Mora whiffs on a ball. But we're tied, at least.

Paul, I'm watching on MLB.tv in the corner of my screen so it's small and not all that clear. People on the Maryland board I read are saying it hit the warehouse. Is the official word that it did not?

Thanks!

There's been no word of it hitting the warehouse. That was probably just someone's exaggeration.

His 'stache is money.

Last night I was shaving and my girlfriend told me to leave a mustache. I said, "you know what girlfriend, I will!"

I also decided to wear my Ray Lewis, "Fellowship is Power" T-shirt today.

By these powers combined I could totally join a cult. I look so creepy it's hilarious.

Anywho it's great to be here in the game thread. I look forward to conversing with you fine young people.

Thanks!

On a bounce, maybe.

It was a tough play...he had to run a long distance. Besides, fielders almost never get an error if they don't even touch the ball.

I realized on the replay he didn't touch it, when it first happened I thought he grazed the ball...

Archived