Trade Idea for our Rule 5 Guys

Answerman

Thinking that the outfield is too crowded to keep Tavarez and Santander, but really liking both players, I think trade offers are in order.

Seems to me Oliver Drake, who is possibly not needed in Baltimore but also out of options, might be a nice piece to send back for either player. I like Ollie, but this might be a better use of his talents.

On 3/20/2017 at 2:31 PM, Dark Helmet said:

I didn't think you could just trade for a rule V player. Thought they had to clear waivers first. Maybe I'm wrong.

They do have to clear waivers first. If they pass through, then you can try to trade for their rights from the original team. I don't know if either one would pass through waivers, especially Santander, given his upside. Some noncontending team would probably be willing to carry him all year.

Even if Santander does clear waivers, I don't see why the Indians would trade him for Drake.

Anyone have the scoop on Crichton? I sat right behind home plate at the end of a game at Ed Smith last week and watched him pitch up close. He was impressive. Nice velocity and a real tight breaking ball. I don't remember where we got this guy. Was he a draft pick? How old?

Anyone? Beuhler?

2 minutes ago, Answerman said:

Anyone have the scoop on Crichton? I sat right behind home plate at the end of a game at Ed Smith last week and watched him pitch up close. He was impressive. Nice velocity and a real tight breaking ball. I don't remember where we got this guy. Was he a draft pick? How old?

Anyone? Google?

FTFY

He's a 23rd round pick from the 2013 draft.  Pitched in the AFL last year.

Archived