Breaking Balls (YouTube Series)

Legend_Of_Joey

Hey everyone. Last month, I got started with a YouTube Web Series called "Breaking Balls." Might have seen some of the videos posted around.

It's a "general" MLB related series. It'll have news, notes, updates, historic events, ballpark visits, ect. I also have one called "Off The Foul Pole" that is in "Orioles Talk." That one is Orioles related only.

This is Episode 3, but the other 2 are attached with it. Going to be atleast weekly, possibly more once the season starts. Minus a week or 2 in the middle of April for my wedding and honeymoon. There will be some giveaways and meet ups, if you all are interested. If you like it, cool. If not, cool. Very new to it, so input and advice is very welcome.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• He can only play RF or DH.   Among players with 40+ PAs, Ryan O’Hearn leads the league in xwOBA at .531. He has a .950 OPS with .260 BABIP.  Despite not playing against lefties, I can’t see them decreasing O’Hearn’s role.  Adley often takes the DH spot vs lefties. I’m not sure if Elias/Hyde are fully comfortable yet with Kjerstad in RF.  He may be a downgrade from Tony defensively. Tony has struggled at the plate so far but he’s a streaky hitter that will be close to .800 OPS and 30 HRs when the season is over. It’s not a sure thing that we get better production from Kjerstad the rest of the way.  Replacing Tony with Kjerstad also makes us our lineup very lefty heavy. I don’t think Kjerstad is a massive upgrade from what we currently have in those spots given what we’ve seen in terms of MLB adjustment periods. Now maybe we can trade Tony or O’Hearn for a key piece while replacing most of their production.  However, it’s not clear what their trade value is in terms of MLB players - they will only be if interest to win-now teams who are unlikely to move top quality pitching. 
    • Should Holliday keep whiffing over the next 15-20 at-bats, Elias et al will certainly win my respect if they send him back down. I'm fine with Mateo and Urias. They both had great spring trainings and are fine defensive players who can man several different positions. Mateo adds speed and it's possible that we've been missing out on another torrid April from him (SSS but his 143 OPS+ with 3 doubles in 19 ABs implies we have been).  I would love it if Urias regains the batting prowess and power he showed in 2021-2022 and the '22 glove.
    • i think they have to make a trade for it to happen, no?  and, i agree with you.  he needs to be up here!
    • He just doesn't seem ready to me. The only thing to do is send him down. It's a huge leap from AAA to the majors and it's showing. And not just at bat where he looks like a single A guy trying to hit off Cy Young. He is really shaky in the field and even his throws seem slow. I think keeping him up here is a mistake for the team and for Jackson at this point. Let him go back to Norfolk and have him work on his fielding at second and fine tune his swing and his approach at bat. I feel bad for the kid but even worse if he continues to flail (and fail) at bat after at bat up here.  
    • He only threw a 55% of his pitches for strikes and only missed 6 bats but yet he only let up 5 base runners. Odd start. Wasn’t really good but it didn’t hurt him either.
    • Oh, and Kremer hit 97, a good sign. 
    • Agree. Kremer deserved better. Oh well, that’s baseball. 
  • Popular Contributors