Ryan Adams keeps a hot hand...

Lucky Jim

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now, if that could only happen for me at my firm...

Lucky Jim: High draft pick in 2004, plus-plus-oratory skills and plus-knowledge of precedent. Still having trouble filing motions and anticipating counterarguments. May be better suited for a small market without all of the media attention.

-Lawyers America Prospectus '2007

There appears to be a dramatic improvement in his BB/K ratio taking place.

In fact, there have been more BBs than Ks in his last five or six games. It would be something if progress in this area was maintained instead of this being a small sample size diversion from a glaring issue in his stats.

Lucky Jim: High draft pick in 2004, plus-plus-oratory skills and plus-knowledge of precedent. Still having trouble filing motions and anticipating counterarguments. May be better suited for a small market without all of the media attention.

-Lawyers America Prospectus '2007

Pre draft scouting report - "Displays excellent form in briefs." Or is that looks like Jim Palmer in briefs?:D

A question for the draftniks with good memories: did Ryan Adams actually play 2B in high school, or did we pick him hoping/assuming that he could make the transition to 2B?

Of course, the reason I'm asking this is that we just spent a high draft choice on LJ Hoes, who sounds a lot like a Ryan Adams in the making--good bat, no clear defensive position, we hope he can play 2B...

A question for the draftniks with good memories: did Ryan Adams actually play 2B in high school, or did we pick him hoping/assuming that he could make the transition to 2B?

Of course, the reason I'm asking this is that we just spent a high draft choice on LJ Hoes, who sounds a lot like a Ryan Adams in the making--good bat, no clear defensive position, we hope he can play 2B...

He was a short stop in high school. I think the Orioles had concerns about his arm and range so shifted him to 2b straight off.

His bat has always been rated ahead of his defense.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Everyone excited about hot starts this spring.  Meanwhile, not a peep about Jorge who’s crushing the ball right now.   Looks like he’s in mid April form.   Jorge, if only this could last longer than a few weeks or a month or two.   When Jorge doesn’t commit too early he’s a dangerous (I didn’t say good) hitter.   He must drive the hitting coaches crazy.
    • Basallo stands a good chance to get some at bats too.
    • Roch: Kyle Stowers broke camp with the Orioles last spring. He’s trying to bust up every mock Opening Day roster that doesn’t include him. Stowers hit his second left-on-left home run today, this time against Bailey Falter, and it was an absolute missile - launched to right-center field at a sound that hurt eardrums. In his next at-bat, Stowers singled into center field against left-hander Ryan Borucki. It’s becoming a trend going back to live batting practice. Stowers held at 2-for-2 after his free pass in the sixth. The media again wanted to grill him about his success versus southpaws. "I'm surprised you don't wanna talk about the walk against the righty," he quipped. "I honestly haven't been seeing as many righties so far for whatever reason. As you guys know, I've been having a little more success against the lefties thus far, and so I was really happy to have that at-bat against the righty. Like I said, I feel confident against both lefties and righties, but it was nice to have a successful, positive result against the righty." Stowers has done a nice job staying on the ball against left-handers and erasing the advantage. "Left-on-left, I think most guys would tell you you're kind of forced to stay on it a little bit longer and it kind of cleans up a lot of lefties mechanically because of what you have to do to have success. ... Just not giving up on that front side." The outfield competition got a whole lot more interesting with Stowers' return to it after going 2-for-30 with the Orioles last year and injuring his right shoulder and fracturing his nose on a hit-by-pitch at Triple-A. He said his spring so far is "OK, I think it could be better." "I love what I'm doing in my work, I love what I'm doing off the field," he said. "I feel like I'm working really hard. Obviously, we all want the results to be better, but I'm really happy with the process I've been putting in and just have to stick to it."
    • I wonder if Lorenzen has some sort of injury that’s preventing him to sign?  Snell and Montgomery both want $30 million a year. Clevinger and Bauer have DV/SA issues. After looking into it, it looks like the only reason Clevinger pitched last year was because he signed his FA deal before the allegations came out.
    • What team in the AL East has 6-8 top starters ready to go? 
    • https://www.masnsports.com/blog/kjerstad-on-cowser
    • I could see 1000+ happening between Cowser, Holliday, Mayo, and Kjerstad. Cowser can essentially give days off to Mullins, Hays, Santa, and O’Hearn. He’s essentially what Holliday will be in once he is called up. He’ll be in a rotation. Cowser could really help this team with just defense at 3 spots and a .725 OPS. Both of which should be achievable. 
  • Popular Contributors