BA's 5/29 Draft Tracker (good things for O's)

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/draft/draft-tracker/2008/266183.html

BA's latest draft tracker has Tim Beckham moving to #1 ahead of Pedro Alvarez. Beckham has excelled late in the season while Alvarez had a very poor showing in the SEC tournament (3 for 21 with 7 SO's).

Could it be possible, due to his late season slump and high contract demands, that Pedro falls to the O's at #4? :boogie::smile11::2yay-thumb: (Let us take a moment and pray)

Smoak is created his own fire by having his best season, with 21 homers, a .745 slugging percentage and 55 walks.

Also, Aaron Crow has reestablished himself as a solid pick with a strong late season push.

For the O's I'm really hoping it's between Alvarez and Smoak.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/draft/draft-tracker/2008/266183.html

BA's latest draft tracker has Tim Beckham moving to #1 ahead of Pedro Alvarez. Beckham has excelled late in the season while Alvarez had a very poor showing in the SEC tournament (3 for 21 with 7 SO's).

Is it be possible due to his late season slump and high contract demands that Pedro falls to the O's at #4? :boogie::smile11::2yay-thumb: (Let us take a moment and pray)

Smoak is created his own fire by having his best season, with 21 homers, a .745 slugging percentage and 55 walks.

Also, Aaron Crow has reestablished himself as a solid pick with a strong late season push.

For the O's I'm really hoping it's between Alvarez and Smoak.

So much intrigue... this must be what soap opera's are like. :D

Are there any concerns that Alvarez' hand injury might affect him permanently? Or that there may be more to his off-season than the injury? How sure are we that Alvarez is still the best hitter in the draft?

No. No. Very sure. Let's hope TB, PITT and KC are asking those same questions and decide to pass on him.

You're definitely not the only one. I've really, really soured on him now that his power potential doesn't look as bright. Power is IMO the most important of the five tools, and I don't know if T-Beck will have enough of it to justify a #1 selection. While his BA and defense are solid, I'm more than a little worried about selecting a guy #1 based on just that. One of Alvarez, Smoak, or G-Beck would be my preference (in that order).

Archived