New 'What If?' on Teixeira

OrioleLochRaven

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yet we landed Miguel Tejada and Javy Lopez.

There was a time when I took great zest in arguing that making the signing of Lopez out to be this grand coup was so way overblown, given that he really was not that coveted by too many other teams, especially the perennial overbidders. But now, I just get .....:002_ssleepy:

;)

Haha.. that's more than fair. All my hope of FA signing went out the window when we couldn't land Vlad.

Sure good to know you know how to put things in perspective. We almost had Vladdy- and if Baltimore was HIS home town, as it is to Tex- Vladdy would sure well be an Oriole right now. (He wanted a more Dominican community I believe)....

It's also ironic to me that you talked about how many threads there are about Tex- and so instead of adding to one yourself- you figured you'd start ANOTHER one yourself to spark a little controversy.

There was a time when I took great zest in arguing that making the signing of Lopez out to be this grand coup was so way overblown, given that he really was not that coveted by too many other teams, especially the perennial overbidders. But now, I just get .....:002_ssleepy:

;)

Yankees and Red Sox had Posada and Varitek. Detroit was a big spender...for Ivan Rodriguez. The Angels had the Molina Brothers and Jeff Mathis not too far down. The Cubs had Michael Barrett.

Yeah, plenty of open spots on the "big spenders".

Yankees and Red Sox had Posada and Varitek. Detroit was a big spender...for Ivan Rodriguez. The Angels had the Molina Brothers and Jeff Mathis not too far down. The Cubs had Michael Barrett.

Yeah, plenty of open spots on the "big spenders".

Quid erat demonstratum.

Quid erat demonstratum.

Well, I was pointing out that there were reasons why there wasn't a market among those teams. It wasn't that they didn't want him. So it shouldn't "diminish" anything, anymore then the Yankees trading for Howard, the Mets for Fielder and the Sox not moving Youkalis would diminish our signing Teixeira.

(And quit using your Roman-talk on me!)

I'm amazed at how many people think we are going to get Tex. I don't have to say too many names like Paul Konerko, Magglio Ordonez, Vladimir Guerrero.. we don't get the big ticket free agents.

This really gets me fired up. A "True O's Fan" would know that Konerko, Ordonez, and Guerrero were all from out of town, and that Baltimore is somewhat as a lodestone for Tex as he PLAYED IN SEVERNA PARK, AND WENT TO MOUNT SAINT JOE'S HIGH SCHOOL. And the O's are his hometown team that he loves. It's even rumored he agreed to give a nice six of seven figure paycheck to St. Joe's.... he wants to be around the area that he grew up in. To put Tex in the same category as the other three is totally ridiculous, and is said in complete disregard to Tex's background in the Baltimore area.

For what it's worth, I'm down here in Texas Ranger country and even before he was traded, I got the feeling that most people didn't like him around here. It probably had much to do with his comments about wanting to play for the Orioles and showing no interest in re-signing with the Rangers. It also seemed that he wasn't really apart of the team atmosphere there.

I don't know if he is a bad clubhouse guy or anything, but has anyone heard anything like this that would make you worry about him being a part of the team? Maybe playing for his hometown team would resolve any of these supposed issues, but I would just want to stay away from any type of bad chemistry situation.

Also, before I get bashed, I just want to say that these are my perceptions of Tex and I'm not trying to trash his reputation. I'm honestly just wondering if this should be a concern.

you don't have to worry about that.. I've met Tex personally when he came to my school, he is praised among our teachers for being a nice man, and he donates millions of dollars every year. I don't know the social status of him in the clubhouse, but from what I know, he is a classy guy.

you don't have to worry about that.. I've met Tex personally when he came to my school, he is praised among our teachers for being a nice man, and he donates millions of dollars every year. I don't know the social status of him in the clubhouse, but from what I know, he is a classy guy.

I highly doubt that.

Well, I was CLOSER then HE was! :laughlol:

TeixEIra!

I don't see why it's so hard.

Listen up:

• "I" before "E"
  • Except after "C"
  • Or when spelling the name
  • Of our next 1B-man-suprame.

ps: Since he's a switch-hitter, you have to do it backwards on both sides of the "X". Them's the rules.

Archived