May 30th: O's vs. Sox

Scrat1

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really wish our offense was just a teeny bit less pathetic. We should have won this game 4 times over.

Let's at least put a scare in em and maybe use up Papelbon for a day.

Go O's!

Was the Sawx offense pathetic too?

The problem with our lineup is everyone bats under .300, you have to have someone that gets a hit every 3 out of 10 at bats on a team.....just pathetic I"m firing the hitting coach this year, no doubt...someone has to take the blame for career avg. hitters hitting way way less than they should be.

Not the question I asked. Did their offense suck too?

Yes it did. But we still had many more chances and should have won that game.

And I still wish our offense didn't suck as much as it does. We don't have a single batter batting over .300. or is that .270? I get your point that Boston didn't score any runs for a while, but the odds were stacked in their favor and our offense didn't capitalize on a single opportunity top beat the odds. That's because our offense sucks.

Sorry. after looking, we have Cintron batting .412 and Roberts batting .271. So I was mistaken.

Yes it did. But we still had many more chances and should have won that game.

Okay then. My main point is that people always say these types of things when the team doesn't score that many runs. Now I'm in no way trying to say that the offense is above average, but how come it's always, "the offense sucks" and never, "the opposing pitching was really good"? I mean we're not going to dismiss the fact that, until the infield totally betrayed the pitching in that last inning, the starter and bullpen had pitched outstanding.

Okay then. My main point is that people always say these types of things when the team doesn't score that many runs. Now I'm in no way trying to say that the offense is above average, but how come it's always, "the offense sucks" and never, "the opposing pitching was really good"? I mean we're not going to dismiss the fact that, until the infield totally betrayed the pitching in that last inning, the starter and bullpen had pitched outstanding.

You're right. It was a team loss. Our offense still sucks.

Yep it does do that. I think it's better than it has been...it should be at least as good as it was last year.

That's one of the things that's really infuriating about this season. If our regulars were hitting like they did last year, we'd be pretty good. I know baseball is a game of streaks and slumps, but this is so far a team-wide season-long slump. What's up with that?

OK, maybe not pretty good. We'd have won some of those 1-run games by more than a run and maybe won some of the 1-run games we lost, but still, better.

Archived