Trade Bundy or Gausman for Feldman

waroriole

Trade Bundy or Gausman for Feldman?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Bundy or Gausman for Feldman?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I have and I’ve seen highlights. I don’t watch a lot of non AL East baseball. Outside of having a prop bet on Skubal to win the CYA. Just wondering what people thought. Not just trying to get a response to criticize.  Plus, do we really know that Fedde is even cheaper than Skubal?  Their GM has demanded a lot before. @Moose Milligan do you think Skubal is that much better than Fedde for just the rest of this season?  So that way we take out the extra year of club control.  
    • Look at their respective Statcasts and tell me what you see. 
    • I’m sure this has some hint of sarcasm to it. Because the answer to this question seems rather obvious. 1) Look at the age of the two pitchers. (27 v 31) 2) Fedde has NEVER been good before this year.  3) Look at Skubal’s Ks, Ks per nine, ERA not just this season but last year. It’s absolutely elite. 4) Fedde is a pitch to contact kind of guy, even in this his lone good season. Does that strategy really work/could it dominate in the postseason when you are facing the elite of the elite? Maybe against a team like SEA? But against NY, HOU, PHIL, LAD? Probably not. 5) We need a pitcher who is good enough to be successful over the course of multiple rounds, not just the opening round/one particular matchup. 6) Look at the difference in stuff. 7) Skubal is left handed. That has an advantage when pitching in parks like Camden Yards and Yankee Stadium.
    • Sell me on why Tarik Skubal is so much better than Erick Fedde.   
    • 28 pitches wasn’t good. I had forgotten it was that many.  We rode Bautista hard last year. It would make a lot of sense to bring Kimbrel back next year and have Bautista have some strict limitations in the regular season. 
    • IMO - The Rangers and Diamondbacks were “lucky” underdogs who overcame the odds last season. When you amass this much talent and undertake the steps it took to get here (extreme tanking which is now not allowed in baseball), the goal shouldn’t be to overcome the odds as an underdog in one October. IMO the goal should be a lot higher than that. Another Skubal type pitcher keeps the odds in our favor regardless of opponent. The Yankees will make a move. And right now (when healthy) the Phillies are better/more talented. To be honest I struggle to find an opponent where we will go into a series with the better pitching matchups (beyond Burnes).  Again, when you have the type of Major League talent and Minor League assets that we posses, the goal shouldn’t be to overcome the odds as an underdog. We should be trying to do what we can to tilt the odds in our favor. This may be our only season with Burnes, this this may be our best team. It’s not a sustainable strategy to acquire one year rentals (even as good as Burnes) most seasons. IMO you can’t continue to thrive doing 6 (years) for a (year) swaps.
  • Popular Contributors