I'm already tired of...

Moose Milligan

...Joba Chamberlain.

Which sucks, cause despite the fact that he's a Yankee, he's a good pitcher and fun to watch. As a baseball fan first, you should like this guy.

But I'm tired of the hype machine, I'm tired of all the headlines and news stories of how the Yankees are handling him:

"Joba throws 20 pitches in ST bullpen side session"

"Joba: 1 inning in split squad game"

"Yankees: bringing Chamberlain along slowly"

"Chamberlain blows fart and cropdusts the NY 'pen"

I'm tired of how they're babying him, too and frankly I think it's a bit ridiculous. I mean when was the last time you saw a pitcher pulled from a game and sent BACK to the bullpen to keep throwing because of some stupid program he's on? Does he really deserve all this? I mean, yeah he's a great pitcher, but the Dodgers aren't even babying Kershaw (a better prospect, IMO) this much from what I understand.

So I'm at a bar last night and have a pretty good setup, three TVs, one is the O's game, the other is being flipped back and forth between MMA and college softball, the other is on ESPN2.

So what comes up as breaking news on ESPN2? ZZZZZOMFGZZ!!! CHAMBERLAIN IS MAKING A START! I was a bit disappointed that the 2nd coming of Christ won't be in attendance. And not only is he making a start (OMFGZZ!!) but he's being limited to 65 or 70 pitches! I was able to make it to sleep last night with a clear conscience.

Thinking it through, this Joba crap is wrapping up everything I hate about sports these days and making a great big turd sandwich: Espn/media hype 24/7 that makes news out of non-newsworthy items, and New York. Which isn't a whole LOT to hate, but it makes for a pretty volatile speedball.

Anyway, just wanted to share and rant. :cussing:

Feel free to join in and throw rocks at the Joba bandwagon.

The guy practically has an aneurysm every time he strikes somebody out. It kinda looks like trying to convert John Rocker to a starter.

The thing that really freaks me out, though, is how much he looks like Babe Ruth. Creepy, just creepy.

Besides, it's the Yankee$. They are IMPORTANT. Haven't you LEARNED?

The guy practically has an aneurysm every time he strikes somebody out. It kinda looks like trying to convert John Rocker to a starter.

The thing that really freaks me out, though, is how much he looks like Babe Ruth. Creepy, just creepy.

Besides, it's the Yankee$. They are IMPORTANT. Haven't you LEARNED?

What I'm thinking is, what is he going to do when he's a starter? Doing that stuff as a reliever is already showing up the batter enough as it is. He can't seriously think he can do it everytime he K's someone as a starter.

Archived