The Thread in which we post LF'ers we should go after

SilentJames

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duncan in LF is a disaster waiting to happen.

Why?

He seems pretty soild so far. Switching leagues?

To me he is a young solid bat, 900+ OPS last year 876 so far this year. Some power, and again - young.

Why a disaster? Who should the Orioles be targeting?

Why?

He seems pretty soild so far. Switching leagues?

To me he is a young solid bat, 900+ OPS last year *76 so far this year. sOme power, and again - young.

Why a disaster? Who should the Orioles be targeting?

He is awful defensively and would likely be worse in LF at OPACY.

Plus, his MiL stats weren't that impressive, even though he has ton very solid in his less than 500 ML at bats.

I wouldn't mind him as a DH option but i wouldn't give up anything more than a player like Hoey to acquire him and it probably would take more than that.

I would definitely go after Murton before him.

He is awful defensively and would likely be worse in LF at OPACY.

Plus, his MiL stats weren't that impressive, even though he has ton very solid in his less than 500 ML at bats.

I wouldn't mind him as a DH option but i wouldn't give up anything more than a player like Hoey to acquire him and it probably would take more than that.

I would definitely go after Murton before him.

Fair enough.

How does the LF in Busch compare to Camden, our LF isn't all that tough of a LF and he should be at least as good as Gibbons out there.

Murton, he definiitely does not have the power of Duncan, but I assume he is much better defensively.

I guess, but not exactly a huge bat, although the patience and doubles are there. Seems like another Markakis, which isn't a bat thing. I'd love Murton, if we could also swing an actual real big bopper.

Again, this team needs alot more than a big bopper.

You guys all need to understand this.

While i agree that this is a need, it is not THE need.

We need A LOT of things.

Again, this team needs alot more than a big bopper.

You guys all need to understand this.

While i agree that this is a need, it is not THE need.

We need A LOT of things.

Agreed.

Trax is the big trading chip here. If he can keep up his level of play until the trading deadline, I am sure these NL would be interested. Especially if the Cards and Cubs make some sort of run.

Anyone else?

I was against it at the time, but maybe we should have laid out the bucks and signed Soriano. After a slow start, he's ripping the ball again. But since that is water over the dam, I would love to see Crawford in an O's uniform next year. Gonna cost us though.....

I was against it at the time, but maybe we should have laid out the bucks and signed Soriano. After a slow start, he's ripping the ball again. But since that is water over the dam, I would love to see Crawford in an O's uniform next year. Gonna cost us though.....

In 2 years Soriano won't be worth half of that.

Agreed.

Trax is the big trading chip here. If he can keep up his level of play until the trading deadline, I am sure these NL would be interested. Especially if the Cards and Cubs make some sort of run.

Anyone else?

If he keeps up his current level, he won't get us much.

Crawford

Baldelli

Murton

Kemp

Rivera

Rios(would prefer him for CF though)

i am sure there are others i am not thinking of.

This doesn't include any prospects i would go after.

I actually am more concerned about CF.

Archived