The Thread in which we post LF'ers we should go after

SilentJames

Oh i agree...I think you could get an arm like James Hoey or some kind of borderline 3rd/4th OFer type guy. IE, something alot of organizations have but something that could help us now.

More like a PTBNL. See Maroth, Mike.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good point but Maroth has been worse and has a lower value although the longer we hold onto Trax, the more this won't be the case.

I can assure you that one thing I will not be doing this evening is going 15 rounds with you on a Maroth v Trachsel debate. ;)

I can assure you that one thing I will not be doing this evening is going 15 rounds with you on a Maroth v Trachsel debate. ;)

Nooo! I just went allll the way to the AMC theaters in Columbia Mall to get popcorn and Cherry Coke for this!!

Come on, Dave, it's only 9:10 your time!:D

LOL...To be honest with you Dave, if the O's wait, i totally agree that a PTBNL is the best they will get.

If they act now, i think they can do better.

Won't make an impact on the major league team for a few years, but Fernando Martinez from the Mets. He's 18, and some have said he's the next Manny Ramirez (other than the character, of course). He's hitting .271 with 4 homers in AA, which is pretty ridiculous for an 18 year old. He's one of my favorite prospects in any organization, and I'd love to get him.

So you should realize why people think trading Bedard is so good for the team.

No. Because I really don't think thats what would turn this team around. I'm sorry I really can't be convinced right now that that is what would be best for this team as of now, or the future. What happens if we trade Bedard, Guthrie comes back to earth, and Cabrera still doesnt develop? We're left where we were for 5 or more years. Needing more starting pitching.

Of the bunch mentioned by everyone I'd have to go with Crawford. We need someone who can field his position well AND is an offensive threat. As far as I'm concerned Crawford is going to be that for years to come.

Right now Baldelli just seems really injury prone, and it's not as if they're silly little accidents that he gets unlucky with. It's really a shame because when he is healthy he is another player I'd love to have.

Archived