June 1: Red Sox at Orioles

PaulFolk

Hey, they hit it hard and we caught it. 5 to 1 now on soft hits vs hard outs...

I actually think Burres is pitching fairly well. His location looks decent. He is moving it around. He is using all his pitches. His stuff looks ok. He just hasn't had much luck so far today.

And, as I type this post, they hit another grounder through the hole.

I would think the Manny flyout to the warning track in the first would qualify as a hard out, no?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we were not expected to contend and I know we are playing the World Champions, but man is this frustrating as hell. If they were crushing balls left and right all over the field, that would be one thing. But they are not and I am about to lost my mind and boil over in frustration. Anyone else there yet?

Agreed. Boston is just so much better than us. It is really interesting that we can go toe-to-toe with the Yankees but Boston is just that much better than everybody (except the Rays).

I agree they are better. But we beat them at home two earlier, and the first two games of this series were neck and neck. But yes they are better. At least we are more competitive with them so far this year. Our offense is just pathetic.

It is pretty darn frustrating. I feel bad for Burres. Anybody who isn't watching the game will think he got whacked, but he didn't.

Through three innings he has given up a hard single to Ellsbury leading off the game, a good double to Manny, a semi-blooper to Youkilis, and six crappy hits. Two of the crappy hits were good pieces of hitting, but the other four were just luck.

Yeah unfortunately there will be a few threads on the main board demanding Burre's head, but that is far from the case at all. Like you said with the exception of a few hits, he has been consistenly getting ground balls and keeping them off balance. However, they are making contact and the hits are falling. It is just one of those days......

With that said, what a bunt by Ellsbury.

Someone answer me this, why does Brian Roberts NEVER do what Ellsbury just did? I just do not understand it.

Archived