LSU's Matt Clark is knocking the snot out of the ball, to a tune of .340 BA, 25 HRs, 57 RBIs, .772 SLG, and an OPS of 1.204.

He's 6-5, 235, bats left and throws right.

He's a JUCO transfer from Riverside, and I never hear his name being thrown around in draft discussions (for instance, minorleagueball.com had a mock draft for the first 5 rounds, and he's nowhere to be found). What on earth am I missing here fellas (and I'm really asking)? I know he has 56 Ks in just over 200 ABs, but what the heck?

If we were able to nab this guy in round 4, I think I'd be doing backflips for about a week.

LSU's Matt Clark is knocking the snot out of the ball, to a tune of .340 BA, 25 HRs, 57 RBIs, .772 SLG, and an OPS of 1.204.

He's 6-5, 235, bats left and throws right.

He's a JUCO transfer from Riverside, and I never hear his name being thrown around in draft discussions (for instance, minorleagueball.com had a mock draft for the first 5 rounds, and he's nowhere to be found). What on earth am I missing here fellas (and I'm really asking)? I know he has 56 Ks in just over 200 ABs, but what the heck?

If we were able to nab this guy in round 4, I think I'd be doing backflips for about a week.

Clark appears to be headed toward getting drafted somewhere between rounds 6-10.

This from PGCrosschecker...

"Scouts feel that Clark’s long swing and relatively slow hands at the plate will give him problems with even fringy-average velocity fastballs in pro ball. But there is no question about what Clark can do on pitches he can handle."

Clark appears to be headed toward getting drafted somewhere between rounds 6-10.

This from PGCrosschecker...

"Scouts feel that Clark’s long swing and relatively slow hands at the plate will give him problems with even fringy-average velocity fastballs in pro ball. But there is no question about what Clark can do on pitches he can handle."

I hope I get to watch him next week against Irvine, or better yet if they make it to Omaha.

Thanks for that though Greg.

I have watched LSU play a little more recently since their games have been on TV a little more. Him and Blake Dean have been crushing the ball since they have gone on this huge win streak. I don't know where they will get drafted but they have both been fun to watch play.

Archived