vs. WHITE SOX, 5/05

OFFNY

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

What about our corner OF defense? 

Some fly balls that inning. Seems to me since the Hilton was built ball doesn't carry as much until it gets hot. I may be wrong but I didn't think the cold weather played as big a role before that. 

What about hitting ground balls to Hardy in Boston?

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I am sure it was painful for Miley.  I don't expect him to miss a start.

If they don't DL him they are limited. Many pitchers haven't been down 10 days.  

May be getting to the point where Mancini goes down. 

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Just tuning in...I see Miley is out of the game. How bad was it?

FWIW Miley himself didn't want to come out at all. But he's definitely a tough-it-out type of guy and so I can see why Buck and the trainer didn't pay much attention to his opinion.

3 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Oh how I missed Manfra's slow extended play by play descriptions. The TV delay almost caught up with his description of Jone's catch. I am not being sarcastic; absence has made my heart grow fonder.

Why I have said for years he would be fine on TV. TV though is the more prestigious gig. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

I am not panicking over his glove. His bat is dead. Just hope he gets some 2 out RBI's here and there. 

People make too much of Hardy's D. Raise a ruckus every time he makes an error. We have the offense to carry his bat, IF it is dead.

Just now, LA2 said:

And I'd argue that Schoop is less consistent than even Kim or Smith.

I am not that alarmed over Jon and JJ's glove yet. Jones had a couple of seasons where he had some stretches early with below average defense. 

4 minutes ago, Chavez Ravine said:

Oh how I missed Manfra's slow extended play by play descriptions. The TV delay almost caught up with his description of Jone's catch. I am not being sarcastic; absence has made my heart grow fonder.

I find Manfra very pleasant and relaxing. And after Hunter I appreciate his preference for storytelling and light kidding over endless dreary reciting of uncontextualized stats.

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I am not that alarmed over Jon and JJ's glove yet. Jones had a couple of seasons where he had some stretches early with below average defense. 

He is playing very well this year on his own. But playing deeper is making him even better. If Adam stays healthy.....

Just now, LA2 said:

I find Manfra very pleasant and relaxing. And after Hunter I appreciate his preference for storytelling and light kidding over endless dreary reciting of uncontextualized stats.

I love his voice but him being behind the crowd drives me crazy. Not trying to be mean. His style is fine. 

Archived