Five Years Ago Today

Bahama O's Fan

2 hours ago, scOtt said:

I blew off the game that day. Played golf with my cousin. Last time I played btw. Got home from golf like in the 9th inning. Happy I could see "the end" but got to watch 10 innings. :P

I watched innings 1-9 or so at Little Havana and 11-19 at my house in Fed Hill.  Great day.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Bahama O's Fan said:

Sorry, must have forgotten that. For some reason I thought it was a night game.

My wife sent me out for dinner. We kept waiting for game to get over. Eventually I went to town. I heard the Byrd out at the plate on the radio about 2 miles from home.  

Next day I remember hearing that Channel 13 dropped the end of the game. For the small amount of people who don't have cable they missed the ending. What a season.  

5 hours ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I was at both those games.  The second was the Cal statue night.  2012 was awesome.

and IIRC, those games were about a week apart. 

Ripken statue night was unreal. I felt like crying when the Yanks tied it in the top of the 8th. It was a perfect night up to that point. Never forget the sound of Jones' HR, then Mark's then the bomb Chris hit. Special game to be at. 

Thanks for the reminder. Truly epic. I kept up with the game on At Bat while at a family reunion. Then in my car, I streamed the radio broadcast while on Interstate 40 heading towards home. THEN, listened with earbuds on through most of a Durham Bulls game I attended. I've never had to be at three places and the same game was still being played.

Wife and I watched that game via mlb.tv.  MLB.TV only had two advertisements, played twice each, after every half inning.  Snickers, and something else.  Crazy annoying.  

Adam hits the big home run in the top of the inning (off of former Oriole Darnell McDonald) and I have cautious optimism.  Then CD allows 2 base runners.  I tell the wife we just may lose this thing.  Then CD strikes Adrian Gonzales out with three pitches!  Amazing!  Then, poor Darnell hits into a game-losing double-play.  Brilliant!  One of my favorite games ever!

2 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

Wife and I watched that game via mlb.tv.  MLB.TV only had two advertisements, played twice each, after every half inning.  Snickers, and something else.  Crazy annoying.  

Adam hits the big home run in the top of the inning (off of former Oriole Darnell McDonald) and I have cautious optimism.  Then CD allows 2 base runners.  I tell the wife we just may lose this thing.  Then CD strikes Adrian Gonzales out with three pitches!  Amazing!  Then, poor Darnell hits into a game-losing double-play.  Brilliant!  One of my favorite games ever!

You're not yourself Chip. When you're hungry. Here eat this Snickers.

3 minutes ago, ChipTait said:

Darnell McDonald. Poor guy. Mostly unfortunate memories come to mind when I think of him. I once saw him in a minor league game throw *out #2*  into the centerfield stands as he thought it was out 3. A run was allowed to score.

1 minute ago, esmd said:

2012 was a magical year - lots of great memories, many of them mentioned in this thread.

As the year went on, on this board... you were almost guarded in how much you believed in them. But they just kept pulling EVERY game out!

Just now, scOtt said:

As the year went on, on this board... you were almost guarded in how much you believed in them. But they just kept pulling EVERY game out!

In mid July I thought they may be toast. I was believing early on but then they struggled and Hammel for hurt. They were only 2 over .500 in mid July. Played well again but had a rough stretch again. We beat Oakland on a Sunday that put us 4 over .500 and then had a nice road trip and took off. What a year. 

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

In mid July I thought they may be toast. I was believing early on but then they struggled and Hammel for hurt. They were only 2 over .500 in mid July. Played well again but had a rough stretch again. We beat Oakland on a Sunday that put us 4 over .500 and then had a nice road trip and took off. What a year. 

We were winning lucky, until Manny and Nate McLouth showed up in early August.     From that point on we were a damned good team.

Archived