Five Years Ago Today

Bahama O's Fan

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

We were winning lucky, until Manny and Nate McLouth showed up in early August.     From that point on we were a damned good team.

Yes we were. Those last 2 months we had it all going. Tillman and Gonzo in the rotation. Real shame Hammel wasn't as healthy the second half and Nick got hurt. Wish we had won the division. By end of the year we still had issues with a number 5 starter. Saunders was solid. 

Funny thing if you can call it that is Britton started some down stretch and then at end basically got benched. Arrieta unlike Hunter and Matusz didn't help much in pen. We were young and had talent. If those two would have popped what could have been. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Looked up the box score and Ryan Flaherty batted lead off in that game.  :eek:

And Nick Johnson started. Still doesn't feel like he was on that team. I mean I remember he was but still.  His last game was May 18. He got hurt but I really don't recall much about him. 

On 5/6/2017 at 7:03 AM, Bahama O's Fan said:

The game actually started the day before, but it ended today, at 19 inning, Chris Davis pitching marathon win over the Red Sox. Our first winning season in what seemed like a LONG time.

That must have been when you were "Barcelona O's Fan." :)

On 5/6/2017 at 5:45 PM, BohKnowsBmore said:

One of my favorite games all-time (probably #2 to the Chris Hoiles 13-10, 2-out 3-2 walk-off GS).  Don't forget the Jones strike to Wieters at the plate where Matt showed the ball in his glove with a smirk post-tag.

Yep! The Hoiles one was awesome. One of my earliest and favorite memories after 2131.

22 hours ago, eddie83 said:

In mid July I thought they may be toast. I was believing early on but then they struggled and Hammel for hurt. They were only 2 over .500 in mid July. Played well again but had a rough stretch again. We beat Oakland on a Sunday that put us 4 over .500 and then had a nice road trip and took off. What a year. 

I remember that we had fallen to 46-44 after losing the first two games of a four-game series to the Twins at Target Field.  Then we got a gem by Tommy Hunter (who had been struggling)  and we started a five-game losing streak.  Prior to this streak, I was sure that we'd have another losing season.  

Archived