Are the Blue Jays Done?

Uli2001

The team they're putting on the field now isn't going to get to .500. As they get players back, they will improve, but by then there should be too much ground to make up on too many teams.

If they do trade Donaldson, he would make a nice rental for the RS if they're willing to bench Sandoval, dump him or keep him on the DL until September. So nice that I'm not going to think about it any more.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, weams said:

They are one of the worst teams I have seen play baseball at the mlb level. And I've seen some bad Orioles teams

Oh, I don't think I could go that far.     They really haven't been awful since their first 10 games.   But they're not good enough to compete in a strong division this year.  

14 hours ago, Uli2001 said:

They are 10-20 after 30, and 10 games back. Some people prefer 40 games as a reliable bellwether. Even if they go 10-0 in the next 10 games, they would still be a mediocre .500 after 40. More realistically, they will probably be way below .500 at the 40-game mark. It's a big hole they dug there.

I wish they were but I think it's too early to say they are done. 

I'm dubious about them climbing into the race.    They just didn't look like a very good team to me, apart from the fact that we were beating them.    But with about 125 games to play, obviously their deficit isn't insurmountable.   

Archived