Buck, Bullpen management and wins

ArtVanDelay

Just now, TINSTAAPP said:

He's only the situational left-handed reliever on the roster and there's going to be a ton of games where the Orioles need him in high leverage situations to get out a left-handed hitter. Hart's already on pace to pitch in 78 games this year. I can understand why Buck wants to pick and choose his spots for when to use Hart. The construction of the roster is the main problem right now. They need a seven man bullpen and they have to start giving some of these pitchers like Verrett or Ynoa or Bleier an extended look instead of shipping them out after every relief appearance.

He hasn't pitched much lately and it appears wasn't available tonight.  

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Buck had 2 relievers he wasn't going to use and one only with a lead. Can't link off twitter. 

And yet we have a 6 man pen!

Well it was a 4 man bullpen tonight.  So Hart and O'Day are both nursing injuries is what I'm reading into this.  Someone needs to go on the DL if they are both out another game. 

11 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

O'Day and Hart need to go to the DL or Brach needs to be available in non-closing situations.  You can't have a 3 man bullpen.

O'Day last pitched on the 8th. Off day Monday. We are half way to 10 days right there. Just DL him and be done with it. 

14 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

Aquino getting scratched last night told me something was up put they didn't make a move like I expected.   I think someone gets DL tomorrow or gentry is gone.  We face 1 lefty in next 12 games.

To me it is simple. If they are going to play Mancini then either let go of Gentry or send down Joey. 

Smith is not an awful OF. He is a GG compared to Trumbo and Mancini. He doesn't have fo be yanked late.  

The more I think about this the more it floors me. After an OFF DAY they had 4 available relief pitchers and one only in a save spot. It is hard to comprehend. Once again the club has a great record, if you want to be cautious use the DL.  

We have prized young pitcher tonight and he is backed up with a 3.5 man pen. Any pitcher is bad but the last thing we need to do his push Bundy.  

Funny no one but me wants to ask DD why a 33 you middle reliever was gifted with a 4 year extension.

Not Buck's fault that he has a washed up reliever clogging a roster spot and banking 36 million dollars to boot.

31 whopping innings last year

A 5+ ERA this year and we are stuck paying him for his age 35 and age 36 seasons, although I'm betting he'll be DFA'd sometime next year.

39 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Funny no one but me wants to ask DD why a 33 you middle reliever was gifted with a 4 year extension.

Not Buck's fault that he has a washed up reliever clogging a roster spot and banking 36 million dollars to boot.

A 5+ ERA this year and we are stuck paying him for his age 35 and age 36 seasons, although I'm betting he'll be DFA'd sometime next year.

You certainly aren't the only one. 

55 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

GM's don't have to answer to the media on a daily basis.  

So we DL Hart, O'Day and bring up ??? Nuno, Wright, Wilson, Creighton, or Aquino and they do what Nuno did I wonder what type of thread this would have led to????  Oh, that is correct, we did use Nuno so I guess I have my answer. 

After every loss thase threads should be merged into a thread titled " I Know More Than Buck and Dan".  That way I can skip wasting time reading them.

6 hours ago, eddie83 said:

It is possible one flipping time to ask the manager a strategy question after a game? I mean how hard is it? It is a disservice to any intelligent fan to watch this garbage. I don't expect an intense inquiry but come on.  

This is the problem when the team and sports network are owned by the same guy. That guy really has never liked being criticized.

Archived