DFA Ubaldo

LookitsPuck

1 hour ago, Nevermore said:

It was one  of those days for Asher. He looked nervous to me, even though he had started successfully before . I think he will do OK next start. As for Ubaldo,  he did his job pretty well as a mop up man, eating up innings to save the more important guys  (O'Day, Brach, Givens and others) who will be needed for higher leverage situations.

That's assuming we ever have high leverage situations again....at this rate, I dunno...

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Buck in his presser sounded like Ubaldo will go back into the rotation.   I would think that Asher will go back to the pen.

I didn't get that impression. Buck said that Ubaldo will be available out of the pen, but not for 3- 4 days because of the number of innings he pitched during  this game.  I've never seen Buck pull Ubaldo or anyone else out of the rotation for only one start. Buck had said earlier that Ubaldo's poor pitching was something he had to work out. Now if Ubaldo had pitched 6 shutout innings then perhaps that would be different.  Ubaldo was basically pitching mop up and did a decent job of that, but he did give up 2 runs. I got no impression that Buck intends  that Asher and Ubaldo would switch places again

Now it's possible that Buck might try a different pitcher in this rotation spot.

I've never seen a worse pitcher spend four years on the Orioles. He's unwatchable.  He's horrible. He's a nice guy, let him finish his career in Norfolk.  God knows no-one else will pick him up. Enough is enough. I'm officially done and if he isn't gone tomorrow, there is a major problem with this organization.

At this point there's no other course of action. It's become apparent that the O's need every bullpen spot they've got in order to get by. There's no room for a true mop up guy, and that's the only role Ubaldo could ever hope to fill. Ever having to use him in a high-leverage situation is an abysmal failure. He should be gone ASAP.

1 hour ago, brianod said:

I've never seen a worse pitcher spend four years on the Orioles. He's unwatchable.  He's horrible. He's a nice guy, let him finish his career in Norfolk.  God knows no-one else will pick him up. Enough is enough. I'm officially done and if he isn't gone tomorrow, there is a major problem with this organization.

What does it mean that you're "officially" done? What makes it official?

42 minutes ago, mpw142 said:

I agree 1000% perhaps this is why they coaxed Edwin Jackson into staying at Norfolk a little longer??  I think he would most certainly be an upgrade over Baldy!

He stinks. Very debatable if he is an upgrade over Ubaldo.

Archived