What happened to Ynoa?

wildcard

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Interesting to see that Hyde gave Ynoa four innings of work today.   I believe he’s our first pitcher to go that distance, even though he was pitching in relief.    I haven’t seen today’s game (I’m recording it in case I feel like watching this weekend), but he looked very good in his previous outing.   And he certainly got stellar results today.  

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Interesting to see that Hyde gave Ynoa four innings of work today.   I believe he’s our first pitcher to go that distance, even though he was pitching in relief.    I haven’t seen today’s game (I’m recording it in case I feel like watching this weekend), but he looked very good in his previous outing.   And he certainly got stellar results today.  

He got barreled a couple times, it wasn't as clean as the stats suggest, but he looked solid. FB t94, sat 92-93, some 91s in the last inning. Slider missed some bats. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Bubble Buddy said:

I remember seeing Ynoa a couple years ago and feeling his stuff looked live and playable. Like a back end starter or long reliever. 

Yeah, it's a MLB arm, not an exiting one, but the stuff plays when healthy.

• 4 weeks later...

First start in Norfolk not too shabby:  5 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 2 BB, 7 K.  

Still only 25 years old.  Missed 2018 due to injury. Three years removed from putting up a sub-4 ERA in the PCL as a  top ten prospect in the Mets system.  Never been a big strike out guy, but has always had decent stuff.  Will be interesting to follow.  Could be the closest Norfolk starter to the Majors. I like him better than Josh Rogers.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

o

100% of the outs that Ynoa recorded (9 out of 9) came via the Strikeout and the Groundout.

The only baserunner to reach safely in his 3 innings of work did so via an infield single.

9 OUTS: Strikeouts3 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play)

GABRIEL YNOA  GOMEZ )))))) (vs. WHITE SOX, 5/01) ))))))[Game Two]

IP:ll 3

H:lllll 1 )) (1 Single)

R:lllll 0

BB:lll0

SO:ll.5

Pitches: )l 36(25 )Strikes, )11 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 1.08 )l) 8.33 IP  (1 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 0.840 )l )  8.33 IP  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .226 ))  (7 for 31)

PITCHES BY INNING

81 ll(6llStrikes, llll2 lllBalls)

12 lll(81 llStrikes, llll.4 lllBalls)

16 lll(11 lStrikes, llllllllBalls)

o

• Thanks 1